Features of Windows/Mac

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by taylermatt42146, Jun 20, 2010.

1. taylermatt42146 macrumors newbie

What's one feature you would like to take from Mac OSX to put into Windows, and what's one feature you would like to take from Windows to put into OSX.

I would take the Trackpad/Magic Mouse gestures, and use them in Windows

I would take Windows' ability to "cut & paste" and put it into OSX.

2. JonBorichef macrumors regular

JonBorichef

Windows>Mac: Probably the ability to double-click the application frame and resize the window.

Mac>Windows: The drag-install ability

Cheers

3. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Stability. Windows still is as unstable as a table with three legs. I had a Win 7 Pro install last less than a month before the DLL errors spread like ****ing cancer.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

From OS X to Windows: Troubleshooting; I find Windows' troubleshooting to be horrible. It just gives you various errors and no tools or ANY help to fix it. Something easy for the end used is needed, most people don't know how to use google to google the error code

From Windows to OS X: Universal hardware support; So OS X would work in every computer without any hacks

5. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Windows to OSX: The ability to simply MAXIMIZE the screen. That "+" in OSX doesn't always maximize the screen to the full screen. (There are a few more, but I will only mention one.)

OSX to Windows: Trackpad guestures... The trackpad is a pleasure to use on a Mac thanks to the OSX guestures.