Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryuu55

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
You read my mind...........scary!!!

Hardware:
- 4 inch screen with better resolution.
- 4G network enabled.
- A6
- Bigger battery
- Better video recorder at low light
- Even better camera sensor and zero lag shutter speed

Software:
- Incorporate more Jailbreak features such as Activator, Album+, custom notification widgets, notification pull down at lock screen, SBSetting like widgets, Date on taskbar, ability to delete or hide stock applications, ability to set default applications.
- NFC based sharing
- Refined SIRI
- Siri database support outside US.
- Multilingual Support for Siri such as ability to dictate in mixed languages.
- Siri as an interpreter.
- Siri to integrate with all stock applications, and to launch any application.
- Raise to speak that works reliably.
- Gesture for Safari
- Video streaming that does not pause and stop.

oshia86

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
iPhone 6:
  • Thinner/teardrop

I hope this doesn't happen. I cannot think of a worse design for the iphone. Not symmetrical and lopsided.
barf.gif

DarkFlame

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
the new nexus allows you to look into your phone and it will unlock just by analyzing your face instead of having to type in a passcode. this would be sooo sweet!

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
the new nexus allows you to look into your phone and it will unlock just by analyzing your face instead of having to type in a passcode. this would be sooo sweet!

Apple would never "borrow" (ie.. steal) that. ;)

I do think the next iPhone will have a 4in screen. They may not be able to keep the retina display moniker, but I think they heard the groans when the 4s was announced. Basically a 4 with a iPad chip and a 8mp camera. Quite the accomplishment in 16mos.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Oh yeah, what a coincidence, I'm ditching my iPhone after owning the 3, 3GS and 4 after the disgrace that was the 4S and getting an Android.

inb4

good luck with that
welcome to lag city
android sucks, etc, etc

Disgrace that was iPhone 4S? Maybe you had a faulty unit or something. Mine seems to work much faster than my 4, and it also adds Siri which is not perfect but definitely an improvement over the old voice control (and only will get better once it is out of beta).

The new camera also takes some quite beautiful pictures. In my library you would be hard pressed to say which one was shot with my point and shoot and which one was with the iPhone.

Besides, why would anyone clamor for the removal of Siri? Its just another feature that you can disable at will in the control panel but adds functionality to the phone. It's like saying "lower the RAM and cut the speed, then I'll buy it"

I guess you are on the wrong board. Try an Android forum where there will be tons of people saying the next revolution in mobile devices is completely useless and unnecessary (all the way until Google releases their own version, then it will be the best thing since the Wheel was invented).

Last edited:

ijohnbro

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
Something that supports 4G LTE (real network speed) and less Siri type stuff. I don't want to talk to my phone, kind of a baby toy feature. I like serious phones not gimmicky. I also would like a phone without an actual physical home button I mean come on it's 2011 get with it. Something with more of a touch screen button like what I have on my Thunderbolt. A phone that isn't dependent on itunes and a plugging into a PC or Mac would be ideal. A phone that is it's own Man and doesn't need my Toshiba PC to support it. Oh yes and screen size (bigger) who wants to squint at their phone screen for 2 more years?? An Amoled screen would be nice also, because the Retina screen uses as much batter power as a 4.5 Amoled screen. And a 3.5 inch screen should not consume that much battery. Technology is king.....You go Sammy boy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.