Features Wise: iPhone 4G vs iPad 1.0

Discussion in 'iPad' started by puppyflightclub, Mar 26, 2010.

1. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

i REALLY want this iPad.

I am a student, and have a latest macbook pro 15 inch. i think for that I do, the iPad will REALLY come in handy and lift weight off my back.

new iPhone SHOULD be coming this summer, righttttt?

do you guys think any monumental/great/drastic changes will be in the iPhone 4G, than those of the iPad. im sure the iPhone 4 will shoot 720p, but thats not that serious to me. I watch the unboxing videos, i dont DO the unboxing videos :D.

just questioning. gettin to the last few days, wanna be sure to myself.

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

No one knows what iPhone will bring.

I think it will have a nice new feature in it.

Either way unless they make the iPhone the same size or bigger than the iPad (won't happen) neither will replace the other.

Do like me and get both.

3. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

I'm getting both :cool:

[​IMG]

Bigger screen
    Thinner
    Longer battery life
    Titanium
    No chrome bezel
    4G connectivity

4. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

i think it will be the ipad but with a 4.5 screen and same a4 chip front faceing cam.

5. dagomike macrumors 65816

Yeah. Looking at the iPad, we can hope for an improved screen, better battery life, and the same A4 chip. Hopefully a better camera that does 720p. Other than that, everything else I'd want is probably in the OS. But who knows. Jobs said A+ upgrade, but he said the same thing about Mac OS 8.

6. rtabdo macrumors 6502

If you remember a quote that Steve Jobs said during the original iPhone intro:

"People who are really serious about software, should be build their own hardware" - Alan Kay

I do think that Apple is working hard to have an A4 type chip made for the iPhone. I also see Apple as one of the kings of displays, so I expect to see an upgrade and I think it's likely to be a Super AMOLED. I also think there will be a case re-design, new camera, etc

I think the biggest change will come in the form of the OS. Android has made some serious headlines and I'm sure Apple is studying ways to beat it where it excels.

Should be Interesting to say the least!

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

For the 4,000th time, let me remind people that there is NO WAY the next iPhone will be 4G or called the 4G. AT&T will have ZERO live 4G network spots this summer and probably won't have a single one until next year. Therefore, why put added cost into a phone to use something that doesn't exist? It would make as much sense as adding USB 4.0 and 802.11xyz to the next iPhone.

You'll probably see better battery life with the next iPhone, maybe 802.11n wireless, maybe a USB 3.0 connection if any Macs have it by then. There may be a display upgrade, spec boost inside, and I would bank on the $199 model having 32GB and the $299 at 64GB.

8. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Jiminy Cricket, most of my posts come with a big grain of salt and humor :eek:

9. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

After seeing what HTC brought out with guns a-blazing with the 4G supportive EVO, Apple better bring the goods for the iPhone 4thGen. Seeing how ATT is NOT ready at all for a 4G network, it'll be 3G. If it does have the A4 processor (just a smaller size presumably) then the "iPad is a bigger iPhone argument" is 95% right.As for 720p recording, hell they better have something around there. Atleast a 10000X's better camera. My ATT contract is up April 2011. Kinda bad timing for all the Apple conferences and stuff, but I skipped over the 3GS because it wasn't much of an improvement over the 3G.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. Student, 15" MBP (though I don't take it to school that often) and I would like to get a iPad so I can just get my textbooks on that instead of over-priced hardcopies at the campus store. But right now, it's not worth it to me. Can't multitask between a text editor and the book, and no true implemented hand writing recognition. I'll hold off and wait for the 2nd gen iPad, since Apple 2nd gen products are usually 100Xs better than the 1st gen.

All in all, Apple; HTC is showing you up at your own game. Don't take that. And hold off with the iPad or a bit.

10. bsblvnv macrumors regular

Am I the only one on here who would fork out like atleast $1000 for that?

11. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

The iPhone is going to have to have some big changes this year. last years update wasnt that different than the years before and the design is now 2 years old. The same goes for the iPod Touch. I expect design changes and added features on both lines.

12. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Omg, my poor wallet.

Good thing i got a promo

13. feefeefee8 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3G, and I also have pre-ordered an iPad Wi-Fi.
    I won't purchase the iPhone 4G. :)