Features you would like to see in iTunes 8.1?????

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JRod993, Jan 26, 2009.

1. JRod993 macrumors member

Name some of the features you would like to see in iTunes 8.1!! I know the biggest feature everybody wants is to sync multiple devices at the the same time, but that would most likely be available in iTunes 9.0 ;)

2. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I don't know if these are iTunes-issues but:

- Ability for iTunes Servers (ie from a NAS) to be able to stream video content, not just audio
    - Have my tv shows show up in order by episode on my iPhone remote
    - Allow for multiple computers on a home network to access one iTunes folder simultaneously and edit simultaneously (ie add songs, edit tags) while keeping them in-sync (or *nsync, if you will)

Two of those are fairly specific and likely don't appeal to a lot of people, but I bet the TV episode sorting might.

3. Kirkafur macrumors member

The ability to periodically "randomize" smart playlists.

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Let me decide when I don't want podcasts updated instead of guessing I don't want it that way because of inactivity.

I'm also getting on the wireless iPhone/iPod touch syncing bandwagon. I would really rather my phone be elsewhere instead of next to my computer most of the time for the purpose of hearing it ring. I could set up the dock on the kitchen counter and tell my phone to sync wirelessly. The fact that it's a lot slower wouldn't be too huge of a deal.

Oh yeah: HD movie purchases, "upgrade to HD" iTunes store option, and SEVERELY REDUCED prices for upgrading to iTunes Plus. I'm not spending $220 on that, yet I really really would like to remove that pesky DRM.