Feb. 10th: Apple Store Pre-Order Reserve Line vs. "Regular Line"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chgotop, Feb 5, 2011.

1. chgotop macrumors newbie

The Apple website states that online preorders will be taken on the morning of Wednesday the 9th with an option to "Reserve an iPhone 4 for pickup at your favorite Apple Retail Store starting February 10".

The question that I have is will online "Reserved" customers have to stand in the same line as "Non-Reserved" customers? Or will there be some type of delineation between the two customer types?

2. shadrap macrumors 6502

When they open that morning. They will separate you into two different lines. They will then let the pre-orders in first.

3. Megavolt419 macrumors newbie

Am i going to be able to pre order it online on the Verizon site next week and then pick in up at a Verizon store?

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

their will be a separate line.

I can't remember if this was last year or the year before, but I remember that for every 5 people that went in from the reserve line, they would allow 1 person from the non-reserve line, but I don't know if that is still the case.

[​IMG]

5. chgotop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Saving, I really appreciate your response. This is my first iPhone purchase and I have never gone through the online reserve process before and I was unsure as to how that worked at the stores.

Besides, here in Chicago, it is supposed to be below zero next Thursday morning, so the thought of huddling against "non-reserved" participants with an unknown wait time was a bit troubling.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I do remember that last year Apple would hold your phone in a reserved pile until closing of the first day, if you didn't pick it up that day, then the following day it would be put back with the regular stock and it would then be first-come first-served.

So you have from 7am-9pm to pick up your phone if you reserved it in advanced.

7. Jack105 macrumors member

Do they make you put a deposit down for a reservation?

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Nope, you just sign in with your Apple ID on Apple.com, then select if you want it Delivered or Pick-up. If for Pick-up, select what store you want to reserve your phone at, and thats it.

When you arrive, they will ask you for your name and to verify your Apple ID, then they check you in and your good to go, you don't pay until your at Apple.

[​IMG]