Feb. 9 Vs. Feb 16 Vs. Other dates

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmlred, Feb 7, 2010.

?

When do you think the new MacBook Pro's will be released?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2010.
  1. Feb. 9

77 vote(s)
    63.1%
  2. Feb. 16

29 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Other dates

12 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. WWDC

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. rmlred macrumors regular

When do you think the new MacBook Pro's will be released?

2. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

3. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

4. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

I've been presented with enough evidence to suggest that Apple is entirely capable of a Tuesday, February 9th release.

Ball is in your court Apple.

5. rmlred thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think apple would wait that long to upgrade their best selling note books.:confused:

6. moocat macrumors member

Are you serious? Give one good reason that Apple would intentionally choose to lose millions and millions of dollars? This is retarded

7. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

They wouldn't be losing any money. They'd simply sell their current machines to the vast majority of customers who have no idea Macrumors even exists. As for the others, they'll wait till the refresh date and purchase the updated version. They're on Macrumors for a reason...They aren't going anywhere else ;)

8. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

Apple will update their lower end imacs along with the MBPs, which will be at WWDC, Im not saying that I am all knowing and right, I could be wrong. But iim sure enough to bet on it.

9. ammusk macrumors regular

iDoubt

10. rmlred thread starter macrumors regular

who said any thing about Macworld?

11. kenbrinkman macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

I misread...

12. rmlred thread starter macrumors regular

I thought there was some confusion.

13. YoHo macrumors newbie

Guys, vote for Feb. 9
    I am getting tired of waiting here.
    And need hope.

14. kenbrinkman macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

though the only thing that would prevent a feb 9th release would be macworld, right? Apple wouldn't try to complete with the community.

15. jttran241 macrumors member

it has to be the 9th. after seeing all those intel commercials during the superbowl, they have no option but to release the good news... :D

16. b737700 macrumors newbie

Been lurking for a couple of months. First post. Waiting for the MBP. Been a windows dude all my life. Can’t take it anymore. Tired of spending all my time working computer problems. I want to go outside and play. Thank God I talked to several mac people first and found out about the site just as you said. You guys are way above my head on the tech stuff, but its fun to read. I don’t hate my HP. I hate windows. Leaving win mobile for good too. Waiting for that perfect android machine to show up on sprint. The question is, How many people do you think know about this site and buyers guide? I wouldn’t have, but I don’t buy without talking to people that own, and lots of internet time. I can live with my HP until the new MBPs ship. Lived with windows since win 95, so what’s a few more weeks, or months?

17. jus10p macrumors newbie

Maybe they will throw them a bone and make a surprise appearance to announce the new MBPs.

18. unclegit macrumors member

Good way to create a corporate buzz at an event you're not attending though...

19. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

20. IndoJabijin macrumors newbie

I think the more obvious question is: how many people research the product before actually buying it?

I did a little research on the mac book and mac book pro for a few days before purchasing it. After about 2 hours, I canceled my order. Why? Because afterwards I continued to look up information on the MB and MBP and stumbled onto MacRumors. I then decided it was best to wait for the new refresh. I've been waiting for about 1 week now (which isn't long at all compared to some people).

If you do some mild research on the product, like I did, you're BOUND to come on to MacRumors and see what everyone is suggesting you should, or shouldn't buy. Someone who buys on impulse and doesn't get their monies worth deserve it. Any smart consumer should know the product before buying it.

21. jbl macrumors newbie

I ordered a sony CW today... I'm pretty sure I'll keep it because apple's mbp 13 will cost much more for the same specs unless we get some miracle.. But depending on the offer, I might cancel and get the mbp... hmm I wonder if I can cancel on tuesday..

22. Melodeath macrumors 6502a

I really think it's going to be the 9th. I think b/c I really want it to be the 9th.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Apple will never release new pros ever again because they like to hear people bitch and moan about release dates.;)

24. Skull21 macrumors regular

I'm going with Feb. 23, but I hope it'll be the 9th :)