Feb. 9 Vs. Feb 16 Vs. Other dates

When do you think the new MacBook Pro's will be released?

• Feb. 9

Votes: 77 63.1%
  • Feb. 16

Votes: 29 23.8%
  • Other dates

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • WWDC

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Are you serious? Give one good reason that Apple would intentionally choose to lose millions and millions of dollars? This is retarded
They wouldn't be losing any money. They'd simply sell their current machines to the vast majority of customers who have no idea Macrumors even exists. As for the others, they'll wait till the refresh date and purchase the updated version. They're on Macrumors for a reason...They aren't going anywhere else ;)

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
Apple will update their lower end imacs along with the MBPs, which will be at WWDC, Im not saying that I am all knowing and right, I could be wrong. But iim sure enough to bet on it.

YoHo

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
Guys, vote for Feb. 9
I am getting tired of waiting here.
And need hope.

jttran241

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2010
it has to be the 9th. after seeing all those intel commercials during the superbowl, they have no option but to release the good news... :D

b737700

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2010
They'd simply sell their current machines to the vast majority of customers who have no idea Macrumors even exists.
Been lurking for a couple of months. First post. Waiting for the MBP. Been a windows dude all my life. Can’t take it anymore. Tired of spending all my time working computer problems. I want to go outside and play. Thank God I talked to several mac people first and found out about the site just as you said. You guys are way above my head on the tech stuff, but its fun to read. I don’t hate my HP. I hate windows. Leaving win mobile for good too. Waiting for that perfect android machine to show up on sprint. The question is, How many people do you think know about this site and buyers guide? I wouldn’t have, but I don’t buy without talking to people that own, and lots of internet time. I can live with my HP until the new MBPs ship. Lived with windows since win 95, so what’s a few more weeks, or months?

jus10p

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2010
though the only thing that would prevent a feb 9th release would be macworld, right? Apple wouldn't try to complete with the community.
Maybe they will throw them a bone and make a surprise appearance to announce the new MBPs.

IndoJabijin

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
The question is, How many people do you think know about this site and buyers guide?
I think the more obvious question is: how many people research the product before actually buying it?

I did a little research on the mac book and mac book pro for a few days before purchasing it. After about 2 hours, I canceled my order. Why? Because afterwards I continued to look up information on the MB and MBP and stumbled onto MacRumors. I then decided it was best to wait for the new refresh. I've been waiting for about 1 week now (which isn't long at all compared to some people).

If you do some mild research on the product, like I did, you're BOUND to come on to MacRumors and see what everyone is suggesting you should, or shouldn't buy. Someone who buys on impulse and doesn't get their monies worth deserve it. Any smart consumer should know the product before buying it.

jbl

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
I ordered a sony CW today... I'm pretty sure I'll keep it because apple's mbp 13 will cost much more for the same specs unless we get some miracle.. But depending on the offer, I might cancel and get the mbp... hmm I wonder if I can cancel on tuesday..

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Apple will never release new pros ever again because they like to hear people bitch and moan about release dates.;)