Feb 9th Order from Verizon or Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Norouzi, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Norouzi macrumors 6502

What is everyone's opinion on who to order the iPhone from come 3:00 EST? Especially for someone like me who's doing it as an upgrade not new service.

From what I've seen in this forum over the last few days it seems like people who pre-ordered through Verizon on the 3rd got their phones a little faster. For those of you who got your phones already any suggestions?

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

The verizon preorder site seems to be entirely down now

3. Jack105 macrumors member

It's not a preorder. Anyone can order but it's only online.

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Not to split too many hairs, but the URL sent out from verizon does start with preorder.verizonwireless.com......

5. Jack105 macrumors member

Yes, actually you are right. Question about it? From what I understand it is a way to reserve a phone for pickup in store on the 10th, is this correct? Or is this just ordering the phone online to be shipped to your house within a few days?

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

7. Norouzi thread starter macrumors 6502

From the FAQ on Verizon and Apple's sites it seems like you can do either. You can order one shipped to you or reserve one for pickup in an Apple store on the 10th. Since my closest Apple store is a 3 hour drive I'll be having mine shipped to me.

8. trizzil macrumors regular

trizzil

feb. 9th just order on apple site and choose to pick up in store .. then you can just walk right into apple store the next day and not worry about if they will have one for you..

9. landscapeman macrumors regular

Apple hands down. Better service and return policy.

10. diegoesk macrumors regular

I CANT WAIT. I'm working overnight tonight and have my finger ready to pull the trigger...:D

11. Norouzi thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, I'm right there with you. My wife is about to kill me if I mention the iPhone again. I've got an alarm set to wake up in about 3 hours if I actually manage to get to sleep.

12. diegoesk macrumors regular

I wish I could sleep. I have to keep eye on construction workers and watch these forums at the same time.

I hope I can apply my FAN (or whatever verizon calls it) to my data voice...

PS- do you think the link in the email they sent us will work tonight? Or it doesnt matter>?

13. Jack105 macrumors member

Cool so is payment required ,to reserve for pickup in store, when the order is placed online or is payment done when in store?