Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benjaminfoden

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
February Orders

I can not find the article I was reading. It was a very good article explaining why 32 bit systems can't work with more than 2.2 TB. However, as I understand it, Mountain Lion will still use the remaining 1.8 (actually less due to partitions) for storage once the portions are done. I hope it works.

That makes sense! I'm sure that if someone has posted a walkthrough it will work as described - it seems that way from reading the comments on the article provided earlier in the thread.

Ordered last night. Got the i7/680MX/ 1 TB Fusion. I ordered with edu discount though I think I would have saved more if I went through 3rd party to save on taxes. Currently showing March 12-19, which technically is a little more than 4-5 weeks for delivery (I am US based).

Decided on the 680mx since am a little skeptical that some of the shipped 675mx so far may be upgraded cards (see posts in other thread) and feel more comfortable having a 2gb card in a computer that I expect to have for 5 years.

My thoughts exactly, would rather go for maxed out components now as I expect the computer to last me for 5 years plus, also I have heard the upgraded car rumours and if they are true they wouldn't surprise me. Both getting the same specification at hopefully around the same time then.. When did you order just for comparison?

Order on the 2nd Feb with education discount from the UK

Cant wait for it to arrive

:)

Got to love the Education store, that's why I made the decision to buy now as after June I will no longer be eligible :/ March cannot come quickly enough for all of us in this group by the sounds of it...

Order on the 4th Feb with education discount

Configuration: -

- 27 inch model
- i7
- 8gig Ram
- 1TB Fusion Drive
- GTX680MX

Delivers 2nd March - 9th March 2013

Same spec as me, will be interested to see how much of a difference there is in delivery dates - I would hope that there's no more than 3 days seeming as that's what's between us in terms of ordering dates.

Jonathan20022

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Ordered mine on February 4th.

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

My original time span for delivery was March 4th-11th. And now it's March 5th-12th. Gonna have to find out what's causing that.

I would expect it the first week of march, and hopefully I do get it by then.

jnowakphoto

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
Ordered mine on Feb 5th. Expected delivery March 5-12. It's weird though I have a charge on my CC for the apple care, but they haven't charged for the iMac itself yet.

27 inch i7
8 GB RAM ( will replace with 32 myself)
3 TB Fusion

Can't wait

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
I just cancelled my order with Apple and bought on MacMall.com
It's in stock and ready to ship. There are 3 left according to their website.

http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-iMac/product~dpno~9428098~pdp.iaeehcj

Sounds cool! Let us know if it works out.

Basically, after installing the RAM I purchased (32GB $190) and the price I paid through the edu store ($2643), my same speced machine including trackpad and magic mouse comes to $2833. I can't stomach paying $500 more to get the same machine about two weeks earlier. I hope it works super well for you. Good Luck!

minus182

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
I just cancelled my order with Apple and bought on MacMall.com
It's in stock and ready to ship. There are 3 left according to their website.

http://www.macmall.com/p/Apple-iMac/product~dpno~9428098~pdp.iaeehcj

The website seems down for the moment.

Welcome!

I went with the 1TB fusion as I have a Home Media Server which looks after all of my Media Collection etc, and thus the space is less of a necessity. Also, I wanted the option of Bootcamp in the future which the 3TB drives do not currently support.

I'm hoping that Apple will exceed our expectations, and previous experience with them goes along with this. Fingers crossed to all 3 of us getting the new beasts sometime late February/Early March!

I was actually unaware of this issue till now.

Last edited:

SamPhoto

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2007
Sounds cool! Let us know if it works out.

Basically, after installing the RAM I purchased (32GB $190) and the price I paid through the edu store ($2643), my same speced machine including trackpad and magic mouse comes to $2833. I can't stomach paying $500 more to get the same machine about two weeks earlier. I hope it works super well for you. Good Luck!

I'm in the middle of a video project with a older Mac Pro that's choking from the strain. For me it's money we'll spent. Your mileage may vary of course.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
I hope SamPhoto lets us know how the new machine is. By early this morning all the iMacs he referred to were gone. I noticed it was overnight shipping so he? should get his today or tomorrow. Should be racing through the video project. I hope we get to hear.

benjaminfoden

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
I hope SamPhoto lets us know how the new machine is. By early this morning all the iMacs he referred to were gone. I noticed it was overnight shipping so he? should get his today or tomorrow. Should be racing through the video project. I hope we get to hear.

I think its safe to say that any "in Stock" iMacs as soon as they're mentioned on the internet right now will go out of stock, especially when they're in such short supply. I think that unfortunately its a case of sitting tight and waiting for what we have ordered :/

I've noticed that a lot of people appear to be having their ship dates moved, but what's interesting is that its both forwards and backwards. Really does make you wonder what Mr Cook's ship does with the supply chain, and if it really is first come first served? People in the US also seem to be getting them a lot quicker than anywhere else in the world as well...

Last edited:

Leonavice

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2013
Just placed order. 15th Feb 2013

3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5

ETA 11-18 March

J. Rab

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
just took the plunge and ordered one :)

3.4GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core
8GB of 1600Hz DDR3 RAM
1TB Fusion Drive
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX Graphics (2GB)

Feb 14th 2012 -- MARK!

Roseburgz

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Ordered mine on feb 9th. ETA March 7th-11th. Hope that its sooner but I'm not counting on it

Specs,
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5

Upgrading ram to 24gb upon arrival

Fhantompain

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
North Carolina
Ordered mine just now on 14th February as a valentine present to myself :D.

3.4 Ghz i7
8gb of ram
768gb ssd
Gtx 680m

Shipping shows march 14-21. Fingers crossed!

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!

Braddrum

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
UK
Ordered mine on Feb 5th. Expected delivery March 5-12. It's weird though I have a charge on my CC for the apple care, but they haven't charged for the iMac itself yet.

27 inch i7
8 GB RAM ( will replace with 32 myself)
3 TB Fusion

Can't wait

I have exactly this on order, ordered on February 4th - my delivery date is 11th March - 22nd March.

How does that work?:confused:

Are you in the States?

benjaminfoden

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
Delivery Date bought forward

Hi All,

My delivery date has been bought forward to the 13th March - 26th March (yay, an improvement of 3 days). I ordered on the 7th February, however I've noticed that some people who ordered on the 14th (yesterday) are getting quicker delivery dates... Where are you guys located? Just starting to wonder if there is some country/region bias?

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
I was messing around with the country codes on the iMac webpage. It seems all over the world the delivery estimates are 3-4 weeks (US, Central and South America, Africa, Asia, and Australia). However, European wait times are 4-6 weeks. I'm not sure why, that's just what the pages are quoting.

crgraham32

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
Kentucky
I placed my order for my first mac ever on February 6th.

27" iMac
•2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5
•8GB Ram (upgrade to 24GB upon arrival)
•1TB Fusion Drive
•GTX 660M 512MB GDDR5
•Magic Trackpad
•Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide (had to have the number pad)

As of today, delivery shows:

Delivers Mar 6 - Mar 13 via Standard Shipping

Jonathan20022

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2013
I have exactly this on order, ordered on February 4th - my delivery date is 11th March - 22nd March.

How does that work?:confused:

Are you in the States?

Well you're not the only one ordering an iMac ;)

You probably didn't hit the batch that would be coming earlier. There's probably thousands of orders a day for them.

MSM Hobbes

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2006
NE Hoosierana
I placed my order for my first mac ever on February 6th.

27" iMac
•2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5
•8GB Ram (upgrade to 24GB upon arrival)
•1TB Fusion Drive
•GTX 660M 512MB GDDR5
•Magic Trackpad
•Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (English) & User's Guide (had to have the number pad)

As of today, delivery shows:

Delivers Mar 6 - Mar 13 via Standard Shipping

Welcome the wonderful world of :apple: … :cool:

Mobious

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2013
Ordered February 12th from MacMall. 3-4 weeks delivery. My first Mac.

Quad-Core Intel Core i7 3.4GHz, 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 SDRAM, 1TB Fusion Drive, 27" LED-backlit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX graphics.

Fhantompain

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
North Carolina
Called apple today and they upgraded my standard shipping to expedited two to three days business shipping for free. Now the order moved up to march 13- 20 delivery dates. :D

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
Ordered mine on Feb 16 with the following configuration:

•
3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
•
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
•
3TB Fusion Drive
•
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
•
Magic Trackpad
•
Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) & User's Guide
•
Accessory Kit

Expected delivery date is march 19-26. Here's hoping to it being delivered a week or maybe even 2 early :D the wait is going to be excruciating.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Called apple today and they upgraded my standard shipping to expedited two to three days business shipping for free. Now the order moved up to march 13- 20 delivery dates. :D

I chatted earlier with the Apple Store earlier. I was told that all iMacs are being shipped expedited and there is no option to pay for it. From the transcript of the chat you can see that all iMacs are being shipped with the fastest shipping method possible. This seems to be further substantiated by the Google.doc spreadsheet. Cracks me up that the people on the phone always act like they're doing an individual a favor, when in fact it appears to be Apple's policy on all back ordered iMacs.

Transcript of chat:

You are now chatting with Curtis V

Hello! Welcome to the Apple Online Store. How are you doing today?

I noticed many people received expedited shipping on their iMac order. Some upgraded for free some paid. What is this option?

There is not an option to get exipited shipping when you place the order, it is something that it automatically down with the iMac since it is on back order.

So my order is expedited shipping though it still says standard shipping?

That is correct. The iMac already comes with the fastest shipping possible since it is on back order.

Wow! Very cool. Thanks for the information and friendly chat!

Awesome! Is there anything else I can help you with on the Apple Online Store tonight?

No, Thanks so much!

You're welcome! It has been a pleasure chatting with you and I hope I was able to give you an excellent experience with the Apple Online Store! If you have anymore questions feel free to chat back in with us again. Have a great night!

Fhantompain

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2013
North Carolina
I chatted earlier with the Apple Store earlier. I was told that all iMacs are being shipped expedited and there is no option to pay for it. From the transcript of the chat you can see that all iMacs are being shipped with the fastest shipping method possible. This seems to be further substantiated by the Google.doc spreadsheet. Cracks me up that the people on the phone always act like they're doing an individual a favor, when in fact it appears to be Apple's policy on all back ordered iMacs.

Transcript of chat:

You are now chatting with Curtis V

Hello! Welcome to the Apple Online Store. How are you doing today?

I noticed many people received expedited shipping on their iMac order. Some upgraded for free some paid. What is this option?

There is not an option to get exipited shipping when you place the order, it is something that it automatically down with the iMac since it is on back order.

So my order is expedited shipping though it still says standard shipping?

That is correct. The iMac already comes with the fastest shipping possible since it is on back order.

Wow! Very cool. Thanks for the information and friendly chat!

Awesome! Is there anything else I can help you with on the Apple Online Store tonight?

No, Thanks so much!

You're welcome! It has been a pleasure chatting with you and I hope I was able to give you an excellent experience with the Apple Online Store! If you have anymore questions feel free to chat back in with us again. Have a great night!

Yes sir, I read your post in the other thread. The thing is, we are still the guys who want free stuff and they have the option not to give us. Actually I tried that on chat and the chat guy told me that it can't be done on chat but to call customer support on phone line instead. Sometimes, showing a little gratitude even if we are granted for things, can't hurt. I will be keep checking my order and possible freebies, call me cheap for that, but I am not gonna act like I am entitled to those by birth right :eek: . Who knows, they might even offer some SuperDrive for free :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.