Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChocolateApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
New York
So I checked my tracking only to see a red delivery exception. It claims that I wasn't available or the business was closed.

This is bull because I have a 24/7 concierge, doorman and a valet service. Plus I was home. Even if the valet service was closed, the concierge and doorman were available. WTH?

I called Fed Ex with my concern, especially with shdady Fed Ex thefts of the new iPhone, and she said he'll be back this afternoon -- likely when I'm at work. Great. :mad:

It is what it is, but why would Fed Ex do that? I would really like to know. I mean, I'll get the phone, I'm sure. I hope nothing's stolen. But I would like to know why this happened. The cable company did this to me once also -- claimed I wasn't home when I was in a doorman building, plus I was home.

shrtmkr

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2008
the apple
I thought I was the only person in NYC with this problem :)
Not with Fed-ex though, AT&T shipped it with UPS. According to my tracking page, it claims that they attempted to deliver at 5.30pm yesterday, but somehow they didn't left a notice on my door nor rang the buzzer, I was home all day. Which leaves it to obvious BS.
My guess is they had enough of delivering iphones all day and decided to call it a day.

Hopefully the ups guy will do his job today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.