Fed Ex Question, ever used hold at Fed Ex Location?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TurtleGrrl, Mar 13, 2011.

1. TurtleGrrl macrumors newbie

Hello-

This is not an Ipad question, but since you guys have probably had a fair amount shipped to you, I thought I would ask. I keep seeing that hold at fed Ex location option when I check my status.

Have you ever used it?

I tend to play delivery tag with both Fed Ex and UPS for days because we both work. One of the locations it gives me as an option is the local distribution center. So technically I should be able to go pick it up the day it gets there, but I am wondering if this works.

2. dmaul1114 macrumors 6502

It works as advertises. Select it, and go pick it up. Just make sure you can get to your local fed ex center during open hours for pick up (and that it's not futher away than you're willing to drive).

3. biosci macrumors 6502a

Is fedex shipping these via regular or ground once it hits the US?

4. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I think I'm going to go this route also.. The fedex location is about 15 miles away... They will hold the package I think for 3 days.. then they will send it back...

James

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You can find your local FedEx hub at the FedEx site. You must wait for one attempted delivery and then pick it up after normal working hours that same evening. Got to bring picture Id.

6. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

They don't have to make an delivery attempt first to have them hold it.. You can click on the link right inside your tracking information.. Then they will hold it...

James