Fed-Ex THIEVES!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iwayne, Apr 23, 2015.

1. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

I'm gonna stay level headed on this one but I got a notification that fed ex delivered my Apple Watch Charging Cable to my front door. I saw the notification 10 minutes after it happened. Poked my head outside my apartment door and there was nothing there. Found it quite strange that they never rang the bell also. A hour later still nothing. Called Fed-Ex & they said they'll open up a case. I'm thinking the scoundrel thought it was an Apple Watch and took it!! I live in a brand new upscale secure building in a very nice neighborhood#

2. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Good luck. Let us know what happens or if you ever find out what really happened to it.

3. chrise2 macrumors 6502

Not that secure. Sorry. Better than the actual watch. Sounds like you need to camp out in front of your place tomorrow :)

4. Jacc Sparrow macrumors member

Jacc Sparrow

And that goes to show you. All that glitters isnt gold. This is why i NEVER get things sent to my house. because you cant trust people. I hope that you do get your issue resolved

5. Clemson456 macrumors newbie

Maybe they accidentally delivered it to the wrong address? I've had some packages for neighbors that have shown up at my door

6. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

I'll definitely keep you guys updated. This morning I already rerouted the watch to a UPS Center for pickup.

7. arminta7 macrumors regular

arminta7

I've had that happen and it turned out it was on my neighbors doorstep. Maybe that happened to you?

8. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Probably delivered it to a neighbor. Sneaking Apple thieves less likely.

However, they exist I suppose. Along with murderous thugs, crash grabbers, etc.

9. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

That's awful, but at least it was just a charging cable. You could probably walk in and buy one of those things tomorrow morning. Good luck getting the issue resolved.

10. Millionaire2K macrumors 6502a

You should contact Apple. Apple can send you another and they will deal with Fed-Ex. At least this did not happen to your watch. GL and I hope all works out.

11. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Fed-Ex claims they will call me back within 2 hours to figure out what happened. I looked at quite a few people's doorsteps to see if it was left at the wrong address. It nothing. After I hear back from Fed-Ex Apple is my next step#

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

13. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

14. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

The OP said it was a charging cable.

15. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

Fed-Ex called and all they asked was what happens and to describe my building. Said they'll investigate and call me back in a couple days what a crock of #

16. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

Cookie Monster was probably just pointing that out to everyone that was saying "at least it's not the watch"

17. iwayne thread starter macrumors 6502

iwayne

The cable mysteriously showed up outside my door around 7pm tonight. hmmmm

18. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

glad you got it

19. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Maybe they scanned it before they delivered it. They do that sometimes. Annoying, I know.

20. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Maybe before you act like the media with sensationalist headlines and thieves in all caps you should figure out what happened before declaring judgement. Just a thought.

21. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

I had the same issues with UPS, I waited all day for delivery, then on my iPad it said delivered, my son drove to ups and waited for the guy to get off shift and spoke to his manager, the ups driver said he delivered to a wrong address, and both packages appeared on my doorstep in a hour. Hummmm

22. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Now you should feel bad for jumping to conclusions and slandering the poor overworked fedex guy. :rolleyes:

23. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

It might also have been delivered to someone else's house and taken in by someone who didn't fully pay attention to who it was addressed to. When they realized the mistake, they could have then dropped it by the right address. This has happened a number of times to me with mail, etc.

24. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

You sound rich, lucky you

25. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

I assume you checked the rental office already to see if it was dropped off there?

I used to live in a rental community and the delivery drivers used to drop off packages at the office and not even attempt a delivery to your door.

I live in a condo now and the drivers aren't allowed to go door to door and drop off all packages at the valet office.