Fed Ex...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coday182, May 20, 2007.

1. coday182 macrumors regular

coday182

How accurate are their estimated delivery dates? I ordered one of the new MacBooks and the wait is killing me. Especially cause my friend just showed me his that he bought at the Apple Store (I couldn't do that cuase I upgraded the Ram to 2GB and had some software preinstalled). Are they usually early? The reason I ask is because I just checked the tracking number and it said that it is departing Memphis, TN (I live near indianapolis). According to Fed Ex the estimated arrival time is 3 days from now, however when the printer that came with the MB, shipped at a different time, was in Memphis, it was here the next day. You guys ever experience early deliveries from Fed Ex?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It'll probably be in Indianapolis the next day. However, FedEx has been known to hold packages if they aren't due for delivery. If they do that, go by and see if you can pick it up.

Chances are it will deliver early. Let us know how it works out! :)

3. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

well I got my shipment release authorization form printed, filled out, and taped on the door

4. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

FedEx is pretty accurate, they stated it would arrive before 3:00pm and it arrived at 2:55pm. Good game.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I am not sure that works with Apple products (computers and monitors anyway). They make FedEx actually have someone present and sign for it.
    Everytime I ordered a Mac from Apple, I have had to go pick it up at FedEx because I am not home.

6. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

^ No it works. I did the same thing for the printer that was delivered last week. All you gotta do is go to order status and there is an option to pre sign. Click the link, check that you agree to the terms and agreements, print, fill out, and put it where the fed ex guy will find it. Good to go.

Anyways the reason i'm posting...
    It's in Indianapolis and it's on a truck but I don't really konw what that means. I would be suprised if it took another 2 days to get here as indy is 20 minutes from my house...

May 21, 2007 7:31 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

7:29 AM

At local FedEx facility

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

5:11 AM

Departed FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

12:54 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

So does "on fed ex truck for delivery" mean it's gonna be delivered today?

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Yes. That means it is currently with the driver who will be knocking on your door. The only time I've seen things not delivered at this point are if its something quite valuable (like a Mac) that they don't want to leave at the door or if there's some severe weather issue.

8. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

well I live in the country and I have a 3 acre front lawn with a long driveway so I'm not really worried about people stealingit. I left a not with the pre signing form that said to put it in our shed which is unlocked. Thats whwat they did with the printer.

9. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Both times I have received Apple shipments from FedEx, they arrived 24 hours earlier than the estimated delivery time on the fedex package tracking page.

10. moodipaper macrumors newbie

moodipaper

Congratulations! You'll have a MacBook waiting for you when you get home! :)

11. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

Just looked again... Status: delivered.

God the rest of my day is gonna be so long lol

12. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I am still waiting for my new Macbook I ordered on Thursday. It is Victoria Day in Canada so I am not expecting the Status to change. but it currently says this: (Attached File)

Is this normal?

Attached Files:

13. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

thats weird. same thing 4 times. btw if you got it upgraded, tack about 2 more days to the shipping time.

14. fairnymph macrumors 6502

fairnymph

I HATE FedEx ground. Worst communication -- not just with me, but internally as well - EVER. And terrible customer service. I am never rude to people in the service industries, and I had people being rude to me even though it was FE's fault.

I had so much trouble with them delivering my mac pro, it was beyond ridiculous.