Fed up... iPhone woes...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by austincolby, Feb 17, 2009.

1. austincolby macrumors member

I've posted previously about my increasing frustration with Apple quality. That was tame- I'm about to throw my iPhone at the wall.

Landed in Chicago's O'hare airport this morning. Turned on phone. After 5 minutes, still no att. In the middle of a huge airport. Sat down. Turned off phone. Turned back on. Waited 5 minutes. No att. Turned off phone. Turned back on. Instantly found full bars of 3G. Where did that come from? Where was it before?

Headed into downtown Chicago. On the street. Full bars of 3g. Tried to open a web page. Took 5 minutes to load a simple page. Turned phone off. Turned phone on. Full bars of 3G. Tried to go to yahoo. Took 5 minutes to load the home page.

Ran speedtest. Latency, 5000ms. Download speed, 12kbps. Yes, 12.

Turned off. Turned back on. Same result. Huge latency, 7kbps this time.

This is, unfortunately, nothing new. In fact, I see this kind of thing pretty consistently on the data side. And don't get me started with the voice side- I lose every other call I'm on- I can have full bars, no bars, doesn't make a difference- if I'm talking on the phone more than a few minutes, I WILL lose the call randomly.

I'm frankly sick of this. I've got very new macs with faulty fans, faulty HDD, faulty power systems, faulty wireless cards. My iPhone gets 12kbps with full bars of 3g, and loses every other call for no reason.

Count me out.

2. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Why in the world would you cycle the power when you can toggle the airplane switch for the same effect?

4. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

Weird, I don't think I have ever dropped a call. Not even a single call, and I live just an hour away from Chicago and have spent plenty of time there.

5. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

Do you have any dents in the silver lining of the phone?

6. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

7. AlecMyrddyn macrumors 6502

Frustration is understandable. Have you gone to Apple about this? You could have faulty hardware. If you don't bring it to their attention, and it is a hardware issue, it's not going to get fixed until you visit an Apple store and have them take a look. It could also be a bad SIM card. Getting a new one from AT&T might make a difference.

Bad luck sucks, don't let it control you.

8. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Airplane mode works for a reason, and you have some sort of hardware problem, those speeds consistently are just not possible.

9. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Why would you do that, it's much more productive to bitch to a bunch of strangers that can't fix your problem

10. Cuthbert macrumors regular

Thank God. Does that mean you'll stop coming on this site to complain about every product you ever bought?

Later dude. Don't let the apple store door nob hit you in the a** on the way out.

:)

11. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

I think we found another iphone killer wannabe :rolleyes:

12. rc51aaron macrumors member

My 3G works perfectly - got it 1 month after launch day and have never dropped a call, and have never had less than 2 bars of Service.. I guess i'm a lucky one...but you take care now..

13. FunkyTang macrumors 6502a

14. samiwas macrumors 68000

I'm in Chicago on business and have had lots of problems here too. I think it's just Chicago.

Do you have problems elsewhere?

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I got two words for you: Jailbreak + Unlock...:eek: