Fed Up: Went to ATT Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMetalG5, Jun 15, 2010.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Well I got fed up and went to the local ATT store. I am lucky I got a competent sales person. There was a line of about 34 people. 6 Sales associates. It took a while. The system kept crashing and they were giving people some type of receipt to come back later. Or they were going to pre-order it for them when the system came back up.

My turn was painless. I was lucky. Pre-order went right through. FAN was untouched. I am having it shipped to my house even though the store is behind me.

What I observed was some sales people were saying:

"If you have the phone sent to the store you WILL GET IT on launch day..."

"The white has been sold out already sorry..."

"If you have it shipped to your house you will get it on launch day"

I have to say the store had a system going and they were well organized but there was some mis-info going around.

I don't care, as long as mine is shipped to me fine. There were a few people getting out of hand (screaming) when the system went down. They demanded to know why the order would not process. Yikes.

The sales guy did want to know if I wanted to get out of the unlimited and then commented that he'd never seen anyone with a 28% FAN. Good deal he said.

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

28%? Nice dude. Send me your company's e-mail. Thanks.

3. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

heh, that won't work...they want a current pay stub also. The funny thing is I got laid off from that company... i aint saying nothing! My new job only gets a 18% FAN

4. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I went to AT&T also. System crashed. They verified my information and have the order on hold. Supposed to call about 3:00 when system is expected to be up to pay for it to final the order. I have no idea when it's supposed to arrive at the store. At this point i don't care. What a friggen hassle to get this phone ordered. It's silly already. Pathetic on their part.