fed up with different cpu names

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zoran, Nov 15, 2009.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Im fed up with intels cpu names! Penryn, Nehalem... Bloomfield, Lynnfield, Gainestown... mercy! Is there some chart that will explains to what computer, each cpu is used, or will be used?

2. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Honestly it doesn't matter. Intel's site or wikipedia is probably your best bet if you're bored on a sunday though :)
    Every codename has a different wikipage, with a very nice box at the bottom which shows it in line with the other codenames.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

It's crazy to be sure. But then they're not exactly designed with the end-user in mind. Not that the consumer brand names are, either. Like mobile phone tariffs, I'm pretty sure they're designed to be mystifying enough that we all end up with more than we really need ;)

Right now, as far as I understand it, Core ix is where it's at. :D

4. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

well i was looking more of a chart so it would have all cpus so one could see and compare all the diff cpu types!

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

rdowns thanx, but i was looking for something less technical!

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

8. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

You know, if you have the time and ability, making such a chart wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. You could put it on wikipedia, and other people could follow up and add farther back and in the future.

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Or you could use a piece of paper and a pencil, post it on your wall, and tape it above your computer screen. Relax and enjoy the stress-free knowledge that you will forever be able to know the order of Intel's production series.