Fed up with losing my network connection

Discussion in 'iMac' started by oliviervdv, Mar 29, 2012.

1. oliviervdv macrumors newbie

So I have my Mac since 2 months or so.

It is connected to my wireless network and keeps disconnecting ALL THE TIME.

It seems like it's still there, but in fact it's not.
    I have to disconnect and reconnect.
    Sometimes it does it by itself (I can see thanks to Hardware Growl) but most times I have to do it myself.

I know 100% my router is fine, I have other devices connected that have no problem at all.

I applied Apple's patch but no difference.

I am thinking of connecting it with a cable although I'd have to do a hole in my wall... I'd rather not, but I'm so fed up right now.

Is there any solution??

2. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

i feel your pain man.

i have been having the same issues and it is really annoying me except mine is worse i have my network set up in preferences and there is one network which i grid to connect to once during a power outage. (when my neighbor hard power).

anyway it always connect to that network and it is really starting to bother me and suggestions people?

3. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

the only time i had a connection problem with my mac was because of the channel on my router i was using. it didnt effect any of my windows machines but my macs would drop constantly. changed the router channel and now its solid. i would try that anyway.

4. JSchwartz15 macrumors regular

Happened to me. If you are using time capsules, and creating the internet connection and BRIDGING it to your time capsule, turn off bridging and originate the connection from the time capsule. Hope this helps!

5. Fishrrman macrumors G3

"I am thinking of connecting it with a cable although I'd have to do a hole in my wall... I'd rather not, but I'm so fed up right now.
    Is there any solution??"

Where is the router?
    Can it be moved closer to the iMac?

A hard-wired connection is ALWAYS best and fastest.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Which router is it? Is there a lot of other WiFi signals in your area? 2.4 or 5GHz?

As for me I hardwire the Gigabit Ethernet on my iMac. Much faster too.

7. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Wirelessly posted

What's best for you may not be best for OP.
    Try wiring a century old home with Ethernet..
    A computer like the iMac should not have this problem

8. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I know it might sound stupid but do a lot of research (such as on netsmallbuilder.com) and buy a new wireless router.

Buying new router for 100 bucks to fix the problem beats having your $1000+ iMac suffering that kind of shame.