fed up with o2!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaveTaylor, Nov 5, 2008.

1. DaveTaylor macrumors 6502

Excuse the date issues but this was emailed to apple a couple of days ago obviously now: (i know the grammar, punctuation etc isn't 100% but i was annoyed at the time)

>During work yesterday (Sunday 2nd November) my iPhone 1G touch screen decided to have hardware failure on the top half of the screen, thus making it impossible for me to use it properly so I rang apple care at 8AM today (Monday 3rd November) who where very helpful explaining all the options what it possible we decided to use the local o2 store is it's easier for us, to our dismay this was a huge mistake!. My mum took in my fathers details (who it is registered under, Mark Taylor) to get Apple to fix it, first of all they have wrote down the wrong symptoms error claiming that the "main menu buttons don't work" which is well absurd considering it only has the one "home button". Further more they didn't request any information from Apple about the case number my mum handed them (added at bottom of email) which could have resulted on a better diagnostic report to your engineers in Vulcan Point, Lutterworth. To add to that the apple care to morning claimed that I would most likely not receive a brand new 1G for obvious reasons as they are not main anymore, however the lady again in the o2 store says that I will receive a new 1G iPhone as "Apple still make them but limit the stock" I am sorry to say but are they seriously this badly informed?. To add even more to my mothers problem she had to wait 35 minutes for a reciept from the lady in the o2 shop due to "having to contact Apple" would this also not have been stopped by taking the Case Number?
    >
    >I understand that you can't change it with a click of fingers so to speak but maybe some more information for o2 as this has really let down Apple in my family's view. I have been using Apple computers since I was 8 years old, I am now 17 we have always loved/enjoyed help from Apple support as it's been 100% quality all the time this now has lapsed it due to the fact of dealing with o2. I sincerly hope you can sort things out, don't get me wrong this is not aimed at Apple directly but in some ways due to dealing with o2. I have added my information about the whole case at the bottom and hope you can enlighten me with better information as to what I got from o2 today was frankly awful!

2. DaveTaylor thread starter macrumors 6502

3. daisuke07 macrumors regular

I dont really know what to say since you're just saying you're mad at o2

4. ShepUK macrumors member

Apple and O2 are different companies. I would guess that 02 have a fairly standard returns process that they follow for all the different types of phone that they sell, and that apple users don't get and kind of special treatment above and beyond owners of other types of phone.

02's only obligation is to get you a repaired phone within a reasonable amount of time; as long as they do that, they've fulfilled their role. If you wanted to be schmoozed and fluffed by apple staff, you should've gone direct to an apple store.

5. synagence macrumors 6502a

Exactly as above said ... O2 support (i know from a couple of iphone friends that had problems) offer their normal repair and return service.

Apple doesn't do this ... they just replace in-store with a refurb.
    I'm guessing simply because O2 stores don't stock these or just have a very different support model.....