Fed up with Zagg. Considering Spigen GLAS.tR

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rotten Peaches, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Rotten Peaches macrumors newbie

I've used Zagg since 2008. I've been mostly satisfied with them until recently. I am extremely disappointed with the protectors I've gotten for my iPhone 5. I got my phone on release day and have been through 4 sets already and I'm fed up.

I've been eyeing the Spigen GLAS.tR. I've seen around the forums mostly positive reviews, except the thickness. Does the thickness prevent the use of most bumper cases?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Does Spigen have bumpers that will work with their Spigen GLAS.tR? As for other bumpers, I don't know.

3. tu4thenguyen macrumors member

great choice! should be fine with most of them. good luck

4. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I was on the fence for a long time but finally took the plunge with a glasstr and a Spigen Armor case. The case fits the phone perfectly, and the glasstr fits the case perfectly. The look is awesome, very high quality for the price (im talking about the Armor case because is was only like $20). What I was worried about was the glasstr due to the cost and if I messed it up, there goes $30 something bucks. Well, when I put in on the first time (yes, first time) I put it on crooked, but I slowly and surely lifted it off, took a piece of scotch tape to remove a couple specks of lint, then put it back on fairly straight. Although I do have very slight lifting on the top left corner, I am very satisfied with the screen protector. Other than the slight lift (which i'm sure Spigen would remedy by sending me a new one) the only thing is that the glasstr does cause the screen to be just a tad bit less touch sensitive. Oh yeah, it does add a little noticible weight, well actually a lot, but i'm good with that. It is very solid, very solid feeling, provides great protection, and looks good doing it. :)

5. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Do it! Zagg is horrible imo.... Also check out the Pure and the iLoome glass SP. I currently have the iLoome and am very happy with it

6. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

I have a Spigen bumper with the Glas.tr and an aluminum home button which makes the button flush with the glass protector. Not much added thickness in my opinion.

7. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

You will love the Spigen Glass.tR. Its simply put: Amazing.

8. zybersniper macrumors member

Zagg started off great, then they want to bad and now horrible. They have the worst customer service ever.

They offered replacements locally before. Then they closed down the office after they became popular and required buyers to ship the shields back for replacement. However, they charge MORE shipping and handling than the original price! I emailed them a couple times and they never respond. I went over to Bodyguardz and they have had the best customer service ever. I've used them back when they were still called Screenguardz.