Federal Gov't Employee discount at retail store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DaveP, Jan 3, 2008.

1. DaveP macrumors 6502

DaveP

I couldn't find any info searching on this and was wondering if anyone knew if you could use the Federal Government Employee prices in a brick and mortar store?

Thanks.

2. StudioGuy macrumors regular

StudioGuy

Best to call your local Apple store to confirm for what it is you want to buy; but, I have purchased both software & a computer with my gov't discount before. Just bring your ID.

There was one situation which we couldn't do something in the store - might have been software for education (teacher wife), however.

Hope that helps.

3. DaveP thread starter macrumors 6502

DaveP

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yep

At least when I worked there (through 2005), you could get a gov't discount with ID on hardware only. Software discounts only apply online.

5. USMaC macrumors member

USMaC

I don't know if it's a new policy or I just got lucky with a nice salesperson, but I got the Fed discount at the Fashion Valley (San Diego) store on Leopard and on third party iPhone accessories.

6. deadcactus macrumors newbie

Anyone know if federal government employees in Canada get a discount as well?

7. foiden macrumors 6502a

It may depend on your store. At my local stores, you can get the Federal Employee Discount on quite a few items. Just present your ID badge at the place, and they'll do it for you. The discount also seems to work for getting Apple Care.