Fedex 23rd Delivery, UPS 24th Delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fuizer, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Fuizer macrumors member

Here's a theory...

iPhone's being shipped by UPS will be delivered on the 24th

iPhone's being shipped by Fedex will be delivered on the 23rd

(It shouldn't matter if you ordered through AT&T or Apple.com)

The only evidence to back this up is Apple's email to its customers claiming a June 23rd delivery, and all of these orders have Fedex as the carrier. This could mean that AT&T customers with Fedex as the carrier will also receive their iPhone's on the 23rd as well. Though for most AT&T customers there is no data for their tracking. EDIT- Some Fedex tracking information is showing a June 23rd delivery, on par with Apple.com orders.

Fedex could be exclusively dealing with June 23rd deliveries while UPS is dealing with June 24th (Actual Launch Day) deliveries.

What are your thoughts?

2. emaja macrumors 68000

I have ordered plenty of items online that have told me one date, then revised it. I wouldn't count on getting your iPhone any earlier than the 24th.

3. rritterson macrumors 6502

my phone is being shipped via UPS. It's currently in transit from Memphis to a regional UPS center and is listed as shipped via Next Day Air. Presuming the ship date is today, 6/22, NDA puts it on schedule for a 6/23 delivery.

So, no, I don't believe your theory is correct.

Also, note that Memphis is the location of the FedEx SuperHub, so for my package to go via UPS from Memphis probably means FedEx is completely full already!

edit: I should say, for the record, that I believe the 6/23 delivery emails were automatically issued and are incorrect, and that June 24 will still be the delivery date.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Steve is too much of a control freak... Not gonna happen.

5. BConvery macrumors regular

I'm sorry, what were you saying? :rolleyes:

6. Fuizer thread starter macrumors member

It has been confirmed by Apple that their email was meant to be sent out and they will be having the iPhone delivered on the 23rd. Very unApple like I agree. But it should help with activiation.

Kentucky is usually where UPS will hold their packages until Apple tells them to release the packages for delivery. They did this last year. Regardless of shipping method, Apple will hold the packages. It could say next day delivery for a package being shipped on the 18th, but no one will see it until the 24th. Your claim is incorrect.

7. CJayC macrumors 6502

8. Fuizer thread starter macrumors member

More evidence to backup my theory. I placed my order with AT&T and my Fedex tracking information states a June 23rd delivery!

Attached Files:

9. rritterson macrumors 6502

Huh? As far as I can tell from your post, you put out random information that doesn't have anything to do with what I said (like Kentucky), then you agree with me (about holding for delivery), and then conclude I'm incorrect.

Also: source on Apple confirmation of 23rd delivery date and intentional inclusion of that date via email?

10. Fuizer thread starter macrumors member

You said in your post that your package was shipped via UPS? Yes. You also said that it was headed FROM Memphis to a regional distribution center? YES. It is probably headed to Kentucky, which is where UPS's main hub is, which is where it will be HELD for a 24th delivery.

As far as I can conclude, my response was completely relevant to your post and supports my theory. Other than you not believing the Apple generated emails, how is my theory incorrect?

11. emaja macrumors 68000

Well, the announcement on Page One, plus the confirmation email I got showing that my phone is in Texas with overnight delivery seems to indicate that there will indeed be deliveries on the 23rd.

Apologies.

[​IMG]

<insert picture of emaja eating crow>