Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drelldrell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Why is it that FedEx is not allowing hold for pickup? AT&T used my old address as the shipping address - no idea why as my account has been updated - and will not correct the address. FedEx will not change it either. fedEx also say they cannot hold for pickup. I want hold for pickup to make sure I get the phone.

What is REALLY nuts is that I ordered two iPhone 6's from the same account / family plan yet AT&T is shipping one phone to the correct address and the other to the wrong or old address. So fustrated and have called AT&T at least 10 times trying to resolve and FedEx twice. No luck.

I have my tracking numbers. Anyone else trying to get FedEx to hold for pickup?

davefromca

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Santa Barbara
Id say I've put some effort now and in 2012 into them either holding my phone or having it delivered to my work and no one will budge. Its a PITA for sure. They will attempt three deliveries to the address listed then send the package back to the sender.

lthomas926

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
I had this issue every year and....

Every year I have the same problem. Fedex website will not allow me to hold for pickup, so I call them and they advise me its a shipping restriction placed by the shipper and they have special procedure to let them know they will allow it.

So I called Verizon today, like every other year and let them know I wanted to pick it up at my service center. She comes back and tells me since its in transit they can't process request (they can before it ships) I let her know I do this every year so she looks a minute and says she will call Fedex and see what she can do. After about a 7 minute hold she comes back and lets me know that the package has been processed for pickup tomorrow 9am-5pm at the local service center in my area.

Confirmed already in tracking*

Pjstock42

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
What you should be able to do is call FedEx and ask where your local distribution center is. If they go to your old address and no one is their to sign for it or you instruct whomever is there to NOT sight for it, they will bring it back to the dist. center and you will be able to pick it up there with an ID. Those places are usually open til ~7:30 or so, worth asking about it.

butterfly92

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Called FedEx - they said I need to contact the shipper. Called Verizon and they are saying they can't change it because FedEx has to try an attempt first. After they try and leave a note and then you can call them and pick your package up...Looks like I will need to stay home tomorrow. :mad:

davefromca

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Santa Barbara
Just got off the phone with fedex and confirmed you CAN "presign" for your delivery, this is what I am going to do since I cannot be home from 8am-8pm. She said you can just leave a note, with a sig, tracking number and your name. They will leave the package. Keep in mind of course this releases them of any liability, your phone gets stolen you are SOL. In my case, I live at the end of a Cul de sac, my two neighbors are retired and usually home during the day. I will mostly be working from home, however I will have a note ready in case I need to leave, in which case I will have a live webcam watching my front porch, and can be home within 5 minutes, so I'm not really worried about anything getting stolen. I also bought some extra fancy ammo for my assault rifle, pistol, and shotgun in case I need to lay my life down for Iphone 6. (jk) Good luck tomorrow.

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
Just got off the phone with fedex and confirmed you CAN "presign" for your delivery, this is what I am going to do since I cannot be home from 8am-8pm. She said you can just leave a note, with a sig, tracking number and your name. They will leave the package. Keep in mind of course this releases them of any liability, your phone gets stolen you are SOL. In my case, I live at the end of a Cul de sac, my two neighbors are retired and usually home during the day. I will mostly be working from home, however I will have a note ready in case I need to leave, in which case I will have a live webcam watching my front porch, and can be home within 5 minutes, so I'm not really worried about anything getting stolen. I also bought some extra fancy ammo for my assault rifle, pistol, and shotgun in case I need to lay my life down for Iphone 6. (jk) Good luck tomorrow.

Well, it's worth a try. When I called to see where I could get an official release form (like I have done in the past), I was told they are no longer offered. But I've got a letter I created ready to go on my front and back doors in the morning. Crossing fingers the letter works because my phones are scheduled for delivery "by 8:00 PM" and my local distribution center is only open until 8:00 PM, so driving to get the phones there may not work.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
Why is it that FedEx is not allowing hold for pickup? AT&T used my old address as the shipping address - no idea why as my account has been updated - and will not correct the address. FedEx will not change it either. fedEx also say they cannot hold for pickup. I want hold for pickup to make sure I get the phone.

What is REALLY nuts is that I ordered two iPhone 6's from the same account / family plan yet AT&T is shipping one phone to the correct address and the other to the wrong or old address. So fustrated and have called AT&T at least 10 times trying to resolve and FedEx twice. No luck.

I have my tracking numbers. Anyone else trying to get FedEx to hold for pickup?

My FedEx profile would not let me click the Hold button, but now that Apple/Verizon has released the address information it says I can click it. I would check today to see if anything has changed. It might not have been an option because everything was on hold by Apple to ensure nothing got sent out early.

anthonyfellows

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Just go to your old address in the morning and sit there until the Fedex truck comes. Show them your ID and there shouldn't be a problem walking up off the street.

----------

Oh and by the way. My AT&T phone that is being shipped via Fedex doesn't require a signature, so you better check on that.

They may just leave the box at your old address even if there isn't someone there to sign for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.