FedEx Blocked Zone- Cancelled Order (Vzw)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oats555, Sep 22, 2015.

1. oats555 macrumors newbie

Preordered from VZW.com. Got an email to contact the fraud department to verify info. Called and VZW said they cancelled my order because I was in a fedex blocked zone where fedex won't ship phones due to high fraud.... I'm in NYC in a nice neighborhood where you're lucky to get a 3k 1BR. What high fraud are they talking about? They want me to go to the store to get it (but I still have to reorder, preorder is cancelled)... is this a joke? Have ordered and got shipped from Apple.com before no problem. I should add that I live in a doorman apartment where they sign for packages, so its not like someone is going to walk off with it.

2. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

They should have at least given you the opportunity to pick it up at a store rather then to just cancel it! That just is crappy customer service!

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Fraud is not the same as theft... All the stuff you're talking about has to do with reducing theft.

C

4. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

5. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

Verizon is just terrible to deal with all around, as I learned from experience. To hell with them.

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

YMMV. I've never had any issues. Same could be said for any carrier at any given time.

7. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Similar story to mine. System had a hickup on their end so instead of fixing it, it got canceled. They will put my order back in, for november delivery!

Screw verizon.