Fedex "Delivery Exception"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alex480, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Alex480 macrumors newbie

So while waiting for the delivery, the Fedex site said I was not available at the time. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Delivery exception usually occurs when they attempted to make a delivery and nobody was home to sign for it. This could be a different scenario.

3. Alex480 thread starter macrumors newbie

Someone was home and it had on the detail column, "Customer not available or business closed." Which is totally BS.

4. leenak macrumors 68020

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Give them a call and schedule to pick it up this evening.

6. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I have had issues with FedEx drivers in the the past faking Delivery Exceptions, my house is a bit out of the way (Apparently) and drivers like to skip it on busy days. I would make a call ASAP and call them out on it. It could also be a misunderstanding, like if you are in an Apartment or other area. But yes, just call FedEx.

7. diegoesk macrumors regular

Call the customer service. Tell them u were home and the driver never arrived. They will usually page the driver and have him call you.

8. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

This has been a common occurence for me. If you live in an apartment and your FedEx/UPS driver's SOP is to go to the leasing office instead of your front door, a delivery exception can happen if the office happened to be closed for whatever reason at the time of delivery.

But as everyone else has said, call FedEx immediately. Worst case scenario you can schedule a pick-up for later, but you might be able to get the driver to come back.

9. Alex480, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

Alex480 thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe this was the situation. I live in NYC and yes I understand that it's a busy day, but it's gotta be done eventually.

----------

Called in and they said they will re-attempt after 3pm and something about "the world ending". LOL
    I find it pretty lame that they have to resort to "faking delivery attempts"

I have another phone coming in by UPS and its fine.