Fedex delivery guy is a moron

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigbrowntruck, Jun 24, 2010.

1. bigbrowntruck macrumors member

Got new iPhone today, but Fedex tried to give it away I guess. Just leave it outside my door at an apartment complex. Someone was home too and they didn't even knock or ring bell. Just leave package at door and leave. Luckily person home found it when they went outside. Not sure how long it was there. Important thing is I have it now :) Reception issue present and no yellow blobs.

BTW. Much better luck with UPS here in Southern California. They leave package at leasing office vs just leave it outside and hope someone doesn't take it.

2. Built macrumors 68020

You don't, by any chance, WORK for UPS, bigbrowntruck??? UPS=Brown...

My experience is just the opposite. Fedex in my neighborhood is awesome. My UPS guy, however, thinks nothing of leaving a TIVO unit PERCHED precariously on top of mailboxes...because he is PERMITTED, based on his own decision, to just leave it there and not come up to my apartment.

3. bigbrowntruck thread starter macrumors member

No, don't work for UPS. But good catch. Dale Jarrett is my favorite Nascar driver and was sponsored by UPS. I think the company doesn't really matter. Its more the driver of whatever company. You get a lazy driver and he doesn't bother make sure you get your package. Apparently the guy on my route thinks its ok to leave iphones on doorsteps.

4. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Haha, yeah UPS guys slam packages at the front door and take off where I live. Fedex always rings the door bell and comes much earlier. All depends on your area I guess.

5. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

Thats why he's a 'delivery guy' and not more

6. Built macrumors 68020

Thanks for the explanation, man!

YOU are very right. When I complained to UPS about my TIVO unit (this was back in early 2008), the guy at the local center told me that the drivers were basically allowed to do what they want.

When I lived in Marina del Rey, the UPS driver was AWESOME.

So...you are right...it is the luck of the draw. My experience OVERALL, however, is that Fedex drivers seem to take a bit more care, especially about obtaining a signature. My Fedex guy would never leave something down by the mailboxes. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff (including my own) that the UPS driver leaves there...out in the open...

7. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

UPS was crappy too.. he rang the doorbell didnt give me 10 seconds to answer then was going to put the iphones in the backyard .. wonder why they didnt make anyone sign

8. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

My Fedex lady yesterday rang the doorbell once. As I *sprinted* to the door, she was already turning around and walking off.

I flung the door open and went, "iPhones!!" and she laughed and came back. I suspect with a kabillion iPhones to delivery, they're not even counting "One one-thousand, two one-thousand" before walking off.

9. Built macrumors 68020

My Fedex guy yesterday had a huge plastic tub in his arms...He was definitely overloaded with small packages.

I was so intent on signing for my own package that I didn't look in the tub, but I am sure mine was not the only iPhone for this building...

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I just had an HDTV arrive two days ago. The guy rang the doorbell and began to leave immediately after. I opened the door, but was surprised to see him already getting in his truck. He saw me pick up my package and thanked me. He looked sincerely glad that I was home, probably since he can now verify it and be sure I have it. On the UPS tracking site it says: "LEFT WITH BOY." Either way I don't appreciate him leaving such an expensive item right there in front of my door + the "BOY" part is a bit irritating.

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

FEDEX gal delivered some guys Amazon package to my door.

I heard her & chased her down to give back the book and retrieve my iPhone -- the box was busted open but phone still there.

12. Built macrumors 68020

WOW...I'm sorry but that just made me chuckle. (I would be pissed too.)

13. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

Are you sure it didn't say "Left with Goldinboy17"???:D:D
    :rolleyes: