Fedex delivery policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dischNoutTAspd, Aug 9, 2010.

1. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

I have the iphone coming in the mail tomorrow via fedex from att.com and idk if im gonna be home to receive it. However, other family members will be at the house. is it possible for one of them to sign for it or can i leave a note at the door for fedex man to leave it by the door? If none of these are adequate, what are my alternatives if i wont be home? thanks

2. tmerritt530 macrumors member

Yes family can sign for it. As for the note they only accept the official fedex signature waiver form not just a hand written note. Dont worry about this though since you have family to accept it.

3. mzd macrumors 6502a

actually, it depends. products from apple.com require a signature. but fedex left my AT&T ordered iPhone 4 by my door, no signature required. i was on vacation and fortunately my sister stopped by and brought it inside at least.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

If you ordered from AT&T, then FedEx will just leave the box between your doors. That's what they did when my iPhone 4 was delivered on Friday (even though someone was home).

5. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Unfortunately, this seems to be AT&T's policy no matter who delivers the phone. They do not require a signature. This is why I picked mine up at the store.

6. Syk macrumors 6502a

I think it depends on the driver really and what mood they're in.

Mine came from Apple and the driver left it on the porch and scribbled some name for the signature...:confused:

7. nelly41 macrumors regular

When I got my new 3GS to replace my probelmatic 3G last year, they left it by my front door. This was ordering straight thru apple and their customer care. I called apple and they said I was suppose to sign for it and they were pretty pissed at fedex. Kinda careless on fedex part.