FedEx Express holiday schedule

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aethelbert, Jan 1, 2010.

1. aethelbert macrumors 601

I have some legal papers coming to me via FedEx International Priority from Bern that need to be dealt with immediately after arrival. I had been expecting delivery on Monday seeing as FedEx does not run regular delivery schedules on Saturdays, but they are currently enroute to my local airport. However, someone directed me to their holiday calendar which shows their Express services as being "open" on Saturday 2 January. The website is unclear and telephone support was backed up due to staffing on New Year's Day. Does anyone here know whether or not FedEx Express in the United States is operating on a weekday schedule tomorrow, 2/1, for normal operations to avoid a three day holiday from normal delivery, or is this only for items marked for Saturday delivery?

This probably seems overly picky, but it is an urgent matter regarding my passport and if it will be delivered tomorrow I need to alter my schedule.

Thanks

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

FedEx delivers every day of the week except for Sunday. If the package you're expecting has a Saturday sticker slapped on it, you'll see it in the morning. If not you'll get it on Monday.

3. aethelbert thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks for completely ignoring the concern of their holiday schedule.

Anyway, after fifty-five minutes on hold, tomorrow's operations will be treated as a weekday for the express division while most others are operating on a Saturday schedule.

4. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

What day were the documents shipped out to you? In my experience with FedEx they are very good on delivery times and service. If your package was marked for Saturday Delivery you should have them sometime on Saturday. At my office I have regularly sent out packages on a Friday for delivery across the country for delivery on Saturday morning with no problems.

Another great FedEx and Apple delivery happened to me yesterday. I ordered an Apple 24" Cinema Display in the morning on January 29th, and received it the next morning at 9:00am. I don't see any problems if your package specifically has Saturday Delivery marked on it.

I forgot to mention that this Saturday is not technically a holiday, so FedEx should be delivering.

5. aethelbert thread starter macrumors 601

They were shipped via IP yesterday from Bern and have arrived in Indianapolis (my city) from Paris within the last hour. It is not marked for Saturday delivery, but tomorrow the Express division is operating on a weekday schedule where all deliveries are made, not just those marked Saturday delivery. This is due to their holiday operations which had them closed on Friday.

The entire FedEx corporation does not return to normal operations until Monday and many divisions will be closed again tomorrow on holiday schedules.

6. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

7. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

You may be able to pick it up from your local FedEx sort facility tomorrow. You may want to call them and see if it is at all possible.