FedEx for anyone in the USA?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Randy7fx, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Randy7fx macrumors member

All I have seen is UPS for the States. Does anyone have a FedEx shipment? My SS is still processing, and UPS shows nothing for me. Wondering (hoping) if perhaps FedEx will be delivering...

2. shanew212 macrumors member

This is my theory for a lot of the processing orders.

3. segrobja macrumors regular

Everything seems to be UPS which is weird. Typically my shipments from Apple have always been FedEx

4. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I ALWAYS have Fedex. And I usually find out day of too. So I'm holding out hope.

5. BPMCH02 macrumors regular

I hate to say it but almost everyone I know is getting it from UPS or not getting it at all...I think they won the contract on this one.

6. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

I'm holding on to hope that FedEx has a different process than UPS, and will move a good chunk of orders and draft all cards overnight.

7. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

My charger is shipping via Fedex and my Apple Watch is still processing.
    Maybe... there's hope?

8. nhalford macrumors newbie

Copying and pasting from another thread:

I'm really hoping that Apple has different models through different carriers, so maybe FedEx has all of the link bracelet, leather loop, and modern buckle watches (and the pink Sport), while UPS got all the other ones. If people with FedEx maybe won't get notified until the morning of delivery and no one with those models has seen any movement, it gives me a very small amount of hope.

It's probably pretty unlikely, but still... maybe there's a chance.

9. andrewmaj macrumors regular

Take it for what it's worth but had a rep tell me that watches will be going out with multiple couriers when I called about adding apple care to a processing order.

10. phantom5251 macrumors 6502

phantom5251

Echoing this:

Attached Files:

11. Kent01 macrumors 6502

I don't know. My coworker today had a FedEx page up when he just had to show off that this SS Milanese Loop was confirmed for tomorrow.

My Space Grey Sport is stuck in hell and never coming. Ordered at 3:04am. no charge, still in processing.

12. andrewmaj macrumors regular

That was verbatim what I was told as well.

13. heeloliver macrumors 6502a

heeloliver

Now that's interesting. Maybe a lot of us are in for a surprise tomorrow morning.

14. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised that we haven't seen any deliveries being taken care of by FedEx so far. Today was the very first time I've received anything from Apple via UPS (the two charging cables we ordered for our watches which won't get here for another month it appears). Every single other thing we've ordered over the years has been delivered by FedEx.

15. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

Your cards would be charged for it before Fedex even got their hands on it. Fedex has nothing to do with the billing process and it wouldn't be sent to Fedex for delivery without payment. You can also sign up for text notifications. I get them whenever a label has been created for a delivery to me.

16. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Well in this scenario, FedEx doesn't have them yet, obviously.
    Sighting dozens and dozens of people who have mentioned this happened on previous relaunches.

17. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

For me it was usually always Fedex but this time around it is UPS.

18. shanew212 macrumors member

Fedex may not, but Apple may still have title to the inventory for now. They wouldn't charge you until the title transfers to Fedex. I'm not sure how the accounting works for the different carriers. Even if Fedex has the inventory sometimes they don't technically own it yet. Depends on the transaction.

19. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

FedEx doesn't allow you to set the date when trying to find a tracking number do they?

20. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

Interesting. My watch is coming UPS but my charger is coming FedEx. Typically Apple ships FedEx to me.

21. Vanilla Face macrumors 6502

Fedex never owns the product, none of the delivery companies do. It is never entered as their inventory from an accounting perspective. Transfer of goods can be FOB shipping point/origin or FOB destination. Apple uses FOB shipping point/origin meaning that it considers the product to belong to the customer once they hand it off to the carrier.