FedEX Gimme my G5!!!

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I now understand why they want you to pay more, to get your shipment faster.

Apr 6, 2005 6:27 pm
Departed FedEx sort facility
ST. PAUL, MN

Apr 6, 2005 2:32 pm
Scanned at FedEx sort facility
ST. PAUL, MN

Apr 4, 2005 3:40 am
Arrived at FedEx sort facility
ST. PAUL, MN

Apr 2, 2005 6:20 am
Departed FedEx sort facility
SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 2, 2005 4:48 am
Scanned at FedEx sort facility
SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 2, 2005 12:08 am
Package information transmitted to FedEx
SACRAMENTO, CA

Apr 1, 2005 2:54 pm
Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up
SACRAMENTO, CA

If you pay for faster shipping, they don't hold your package for hostage at the sort facility for 2 days!!

I want my G5 NOW!!!!!

< / Rant > :D

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
Sadly this is the case.

What i understood from my shipment was that somewhere along the line the delievery to their main location of shipment was late... 3 days in a row. My powerbook sat in china for 3 days doing nothing because some jackarse couldn't be on time. Finally it shipped and i used the 5 day shipping or whatever it was and it arrived ON the day it was due... though it went from china to my house in 2 days flat with no waiting after it had arrived to the main shipping location. very irritating as it could've been here about 2 days earlier had someone not been incompetent.

Comment

danm

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2005
Clarkston, WA
Aren't you worried that new Powermacs are going to be announced soon? I have about $2500 ready for a PM, but I sure would hate to buy one with a new model supposedly right around the corner. Trust me though, I'm not knocking your purchase. ;)

Comment

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
That kinda sucks. You really should of waited another month for the new PM's. But congrats on your purchase anyway.

Comment

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I am never Bleeding edge.. I can't afford to be!

I know I will be happy with this, just recently I finished a G4 Dual 533 project, before that I had a G4 400 upgraded B&W G3. So needless to say, this PM will be plenty fast for me, for QUITE a long time..

I understand the need for having the newest of newest.. But I do those kinds of buy's in Dirtbikes.. I buy a new KTM 125 (soon 250F) every year, and sell the old one. Once I am done with Dirbikes, I will join the Macintosh community and buy new computers every year ;)

Comment

danm

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2005
Clarkston, WA
840quadra said:
I am never Bleeding edge.. I can't afford to be!

I know I will be happy with this, just recently I finished a G4 Dual 533 project, before that I had a G4 400 upgraded B&W G3. So needless to say, this PM will be plenty fast for me, for QUITE a long time..

I understand the need for having the newest of newest.. But I do those kinds of buy's in Dirtbikes.. I buy a new KTM 125 (soon 250F) every year, and sell the old one. Once I am done with Dirbikes, I will join the Macintosh community and buy new computers every year ;)

Fair enough................. what PM did you get?

Comment

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Be careful 840. Don't give us too many details. I may have to start driving around the Twin Cities searching every Fedex van for your G5. :D :eek:

Comment

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
SiliconAddict said:
Be careful 840. Don't give us too many details. I may have to start driving around the Twin Cities searching every Fedex van for your G5. :D :eek:
HAHA!!
I was thinking that after posting it.. I almost posted the Tracking number too :eek: .

Anyway it is now here, it only has one DEEP scratch in the box, but the computer appears to be in good condition, and I am blogging on it now.

The computer I ended up with was the non liquid cooled Dual 2.0 G5. I am really happy with it so far, and after I am done installing some more software on it, I will start my own burnin testing with the system :) .

I will be buying Applecare for it in a few weeks, so I hope to have a long happy life of use out of this, as I do with the Quadra 840. If I don't like it on a year, keep an eye open on Ebay for a PM G5 Dual 2.0 with 2 years of Applecare :).

If I need to sell this, I hope it holds it's value as well as some of the later G4's are now.. $1100 for a Dual 1.2 G4 on ebay still!! :eek:

Comment

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
SiliconAddict said:

Any of the MN apple users ever get together? at say Applebees :D . I would totally love to meet some of the local Mac Users!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.