Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stu00a

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
I see that some packages are delivered by UPS and some are by Fedex.

It looks like to me that packages that are delivered by UPS are already able to request to hold their package for pickup on 09/19.

My package will be delivered by Fedex and it is still stuck at Memphis hub and there is no option to hold at fedex location yet.

Anybody have done this before? Some people say that Fedex has to make AT LEAST one delivery attempt to request a hold at fedex location.

Slumpey

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Charlotte
I believe the fedex orders are screwed if you want it held at a location, I believe one delivery attempt is needed. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

barrett14

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I have tried tracking my phone via reference on both UPS and FedEx but have been unable to do so. I have been using my phone number as the reference. What else can I do??

posguy99

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2004
I have tried tracking my phone via reference on both UPS and FedEx but have been unable to do so. I have been using my phone number as the reference. What else can I do??

Wait until you're sent the tracking number, of course. Why would FedEx/UPS know or care what the phone number was?

If you have not been sent a tracking number, then there is not one, yet.

DVDxR

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I've had items held at station before the first delivery attempt, but not an iPhone in particular on launch day. I have also picked up items the same day they missed delivery. Just dropped by on my way home from work after the drivers are back.

Now, this is assuming they are coming via regular FedEx. If they are home delivery (Purple/Green vs Purple/Red logo trucks) you're hosed. Those are contractors and the items stay in the trucks over night. I hate those :mad:.

edit: Make sure you sign up for an account and log in so you can see all the options if you have not yet.

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
I called fedex because this is what I want to do and they said because there's no address they can't relocate it. They said you have to call the company that shipped it.

In my case that's verizon so I need to call verizon and ask if they can hold it at a fedex location. I plan to call tomorrow.

I see that some packages are delivered by UPS and some are by Fedex.

It looks like to me that packages that are delivered by UPS are already able to request to hold their package for pickup on 09/19.

My package will be delivered by Fedex and it is still stuck at Memphis hub and there is no option to hold at fedex location yet.

Anybody have done this before? Some people say that Fedex has to make AT LEAST one delivery attempt to request a hold at fedex location.

memorygirl

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2011
I called Fedex too since I will be in and out on Friday. They looked it up and said the shipper is not allowing a hold at location and they must make one delivery attempt. Mine says by 4:30 and I was told if I miss it to go to Fedex around 7pm and it will be there. They said Saturday is a pickup option too since they won't try a second delivery until Monday.

Bo15

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Georgia
Once it's in transit, you can have it held at location for FedEx

Request to Have a FedEx Location Hold Your Package After It Ships

To request to have us hold your shipment for pickup at a FedEx location before the first delivery attempt or after you receive a door tag, go to fedex.com and enter the tracking number in the Track box.
Select Hold at FedEx Location and choose an eligible location in your area.
Or call 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 and request a hold at location.

FedEx Hold at location

davefromca

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2011
Santa Barbara
I addressed this in another thread as well as in 2012 with the 5. I could not find a solution even though some members on here say you can have them hold it. I worked from home in 2012 ans after making a few calls i will be working from home in 2014.

Audifan1502

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
When I was to receive the 5 on launch day FedEx came to my house 3 times that Friday, only because he said he wanted it off his truck. He also said that once the iPhone was out for delivery it would stay on the truck until Sat. when he would have made the 4th attempt to deliver it. Must be a long day for UPS/FedEx drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.