FedEx Home Delivery question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tharris0101, Oct 28, 2010.

1. tharris0101 macrumors member

I have my MBP on its way to my girlfriend's house. It is 1pm on Oct 28th right now. FedEx tracking says that its estimated delivery is today, yet the tracking hasn't been updated since 2am on the 27th showing it was still in MO. I am in AZ. The top of the page says "On Schedule" and the help tip next to it says that there are no delays so far and the package is on schedule to be delivered on Oct 28th.

Should I believe this? The reason it is important is that I have my girlfriend waiting there to sign for it. I don't want her to have to sit there all day if its likely its delayed. Maybe all is well and the tracking just doesn't get updated in a timely fashion? Or maybe the package got mis-routed and the system just hasn't realized it yet?

Thanks!

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

3. tharris0101 thread starter macrumors member

Grrr.. FedEx. I just called and the lady was like, "Oh, no way it gets there today. Its not even in your city yet." I said, "Oh, well the online tracking still says it is on schedule for today" she said, "yeah weird..... But no its wrong"

I don't really care how long it takes to ship. I just care about accurate tracking so that I can be sure someone is there.