FedEx Indirect Signature Required iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tokenfreak, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Tokenfreak macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

Is there anyway to get FedEx to just leave my iPhone 6 Plus without me having to sign for it? I will not be home will it will be deliverer. Thanks.

2. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Use the tracking number on their website to Pre-Sign for the delivery :eek:

3. Tokenfreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Tokenfreak

Where do I Pre-sign? I am on FedEx site with my tracking number pulled up, but I don't see anywhere to pre-sign. Thanks.

4. daflake macrumors 6502a

I believe that pre-sign is only available if the sender allows it.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You can also call them and pick it up at their distribution center. I did that before since I knew I'd not be home.

6. accountforit macrumors 6502a

If you track the package and it shows indirect signature, then you can leave a hand written note authorizing them to leave the package. You don't need a special form. Sign the note.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My only concern is leaving a package on the door stop all day. I live in a good neighborhood where I can leave my door unlocked without any worries - heck my stepson left the door literally wide open once (and nothing happened) and yet I'm not comfortable about pre-signing.

8. darkonex macrumors member

Ya my iPhone 6 shipped today, from China so won't be here until next Fri. Ordered through Apple and they wouldn't let me use my work address to ship to due to carrier restrictions, which is odd because ATT is my carrier and they do allow alternate addresses. Anyway I saw that presign button and almost did it, but read the fine print about by clicking this you agree that Apple or the carrier will no longer be responsible for any damage or theft, something like that and I'm like no way especially not after reading some of these carrier theft stories! Looks like I'll be taking next Friday off :)

9. oplix Suspended

oplix

Fedex leaving anything anywhere without total confidence of no liability? Not likely.

10. golfdude macrumors regular

ATT uses FedEx, not sure who you ordered from though. But, the FedEx guy told me ATT doesn't require signature. But I printed off the tracking page and wrote on it to leave at front door. I signed it too.

11. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

My Fedex guy will leave anything if I leave him a note.
    Please accept this letter as my signature for tracking #xxxxxxxxxxx