Fedex iphone shipment - Signature Required

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bildio, Jun 27, 2009.

1. bildio macrumors regular

My iphone was shipped via Fedex. Does someone need to be at home to sign for it?

2. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

yes. Or you can print out a pre-sign form and hang it on the door. There should be a link to the form on your order or shipping info somewhere.

Apple requires signatures on all deliveries. They are especially strict with iPhones and computers.

3. cyberguyiphone macrumors member

Yes, FedEx requires a signature, They don't want to leave your good investment at your front door for someone to steal. I experienced this the hard way, Fed Ex came to my house and I wasn't home, So later in the day I had to drive all the way to the Fed Ex facility.

4. bildio thread starter macrumors regular

I decided to take the day off from work to wait for the Fedex delivery. Fedex arrived at 2:30 PM - long wait. The driver handed me the package, & started walking away. I asked if he needed a signature, & he said "No". I'm now charging the iphone.

5. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

I was going to respond and letting you know that both of my 3G S were dropped off on separate occcasion by FedEx without signatures.

This thread is another solid proof of people simply responding without fact.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Actually I disagree.

I had to sign for my phone and when looking online at the status, it also said signature required. Just because the driver doesn't do that means that isn't the case.

7. rutiger macrumors regular

no sig required. you can call fedex and ask them based on the tracking number like i did.

8. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I was told by UPS that if you remove "signature required", you are no longer covered by their insurance if it turns up missing...:confused::eek:
    (I know this is a FedEx thread, but I was wondering if FedEx had the same policy?)

9. mak10 macrumors regular

10. ExpyBob macrumors member

Didn't have to sign for mine. They just left on the porch. Even though someone was home.

Hmm. Never even rang the door bell and yes it works.

11. Switz213 macrumors 6502

Definitely had to sign for mine.
    As you SHOULD HAVE TO by Apple's and Fedex's rules. Whether the driver follows that or not is his (could be yours) problem.

12. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

It's not up to the driver. If a signature block is required, FedEx is obligated to show proof of signature, unless the driver forged the signature. So base on this thread and according to you, at least 5 different drivers must have forged the signatures.

13. DjPiLL macrumors member

My order from ATT.com shipped FedEX Overnight and did not require a signature.

FedEX never leaves sig required packages so they definitely did not send mine requiring a signature.

If you track your shipment on fedex.com, it will say in the shipping "direct signature required" if it requires a signature. If you don't see this, you won't need to sign for it.

But then again, if you live in a multi-unit apartment complex, the fedex driver may just not leave it anyways.

14. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I got the iPhone on the 19th FedEx overnight from AT&T and they didn’t require a signature. I would call FedEx with your tracking number and they can tell you whether a signature is required and if so, what type (e.g. direct or indirect).