FedEx lost/misdelivered my iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ksmith173, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ksmith173 macrumors member

I was supposed to receive my iPhone 4 today (I ordered it from AT&T). FedEx tracking results were delayed all day today, and my package was supposed to be delivered by 3:00PM. When it hadn't arrived by 3PM, I was frequently checking tracking to see if it was updated with some sort of delivery exception. I checked the tracking results again at 5:30PM to find that my phone was supposedly delivered to my front door at 11:24AM. I was at home all day. No FedEx person came to my house.

I called FedEx 1-800 number, and they are supposedly contacting the local FedEx and they are supposed to call me. Should I be doing anything else in the meantime?

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

It was delivered to the wrong address probably.

3. ksmith173 thread starter macrumors member

That is what I am thinking. Hopefully it was to one of my neighbors, or someone who will be nice enough to give it back to FedEx.

4. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

This happens a lot with UPS when they deliver things to me. I live on a corner with 5500 as a house number and a block away there is another culdisack with a 5500 on the corner also. And even though the street names are completely different they cant seem to deliver to the right address...

5. ksmith173 thread starter macrumors member

FedEx contact the driver, he thought the package said 202, when I am at 207. Went over to my neighbors house, and there it was. Crisis averted :)

6. yy1209 macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me. I was home all day for the delivery. Nobody has ever knocked at my door and I didn't see any FedEX vehicles ever coming, however, at around 6pm the online status changed to delivered and it said the package was left at my door. Just called FedEX they said the truck driver went home and they suggested me to contact AT&T for an reimbursement. WTF.

Calling AT&T now but the CSR is transferring to some companies called ecom who seems the people in charge of lost of package ordered at att.com.

I just hope FedEX online status is a wrong message due to the crash and my iPhone will appear.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

At least you had a nice enough neighbor to get it back from, there have been some on MR who have had them say ... nope nothing was delivered here.

8. ksmith173 thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm. FedEx contacted my local branch for me. The local folks called me and then called the driver at home to find out what happened. I would try to call them again to see if the driver can't resolve it in the morning.

9. bchai126 macrumors newbie

Same thing happen to me

FedEx also said they left it at my front door. Mine is a condominium and I bet someone in the area probably took/stole it. Hopefully FedEx will take this as their fault cause I really didn't receive it. Also hope ATT can send me another one or I can pick up a new one at the store.

I called FedEx and they also said they will leave a message at the local store and contact the driver to find out what had happened.