FedEx: Picked Up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by syedhussain, Oct 13, 2011.

1. syedhussain macrumors member

So it has been picked up since 6am Thursday and it is still scheduled to be delivered Friday by 3pm, there is no sign that the iPhone has departured from Fort Worth, Texas yet. Wierd

2. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

You're not the only one. Mine just departed at 8:40PM.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

Newsflash: Departure scans are usually delayed.

4. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I've heard that when they get really busy (as no doubt they are right now), they sometimes don't bother scanning, just to save time. I've been pretty lucky in that mine has been tracked all the way to the destination sort facility. Hopefully I get a "on the truck" notice in the early morning tomorrow, but if not, I'm not too worried, I've had packages delivered before getting that status before.

5. efyou macrumors regular

That is not correct about not bothering to scan if we are busy at FedEx. The tracking is one of our best features. It is discussed and noted if a driver or anyone is missing scans. Sometimes things get missed but it's not just an "oh well we are busy" thing. :)

6. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Cool story bro! Tell it again!

7. syedhussain thread starter macrumors member

So it has been picked up since 6am Thursday and it is still scheduled to be delivered Friday by 3pm, there is no sign that the iPhone has departured from Fort Worth, Texas yet. Wierd

8. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Thanks I missed it the first time...but I really wouldn't worry about it, FedEx and UPS do logistics for a living. They got this stuff down pat. Contrary to popular belief (at least on this forum) UPS and FedEx do ship other packages besides for iPhones! They actually ship packages all year round!