FedEx problems - Leopard delivery delayed until Monday!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by crackrock, Oct 26, 2007.

1. crackrock macrumors member

crackrock

I preordered Leopard from the Apple store and wanted to presign the shipment so I could get the package TODAY. On the Apple website under order status, the presign link was not there, I called Apple and they acknowledged the problem. I understand requiring a signature for >$1000 items, but I figured since the value of Leopard is only $100 they wouldn't require a signature.

So I come back from my lunch break, and I see the sticker on my door saying that FedEx will try to redeliver on Monday. I missed the package. Bastards!

This happened when I bought my MacBook Pro and I had to drive over an hour away to pick it up.

I really hate FedEx. Why can't they just leave the damn package on my porch like UPS or the Post Office?

This is the absolute last time I buy anything from the Apple website until they offer UPS as a shipping option. Grrrr!!!

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

its there for me, even after i recieved it...weird, but yes i do dislike fedex, fedex is more expensive than UPS so its suprising they use them, but you will find people who dislikes ups as much as you dislike fedex

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

It isn't just FedEX. If you tell UPS that you want it delivered WITH a signature, they will not deliver it till you are home.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Call them, you should be able to go pick it up. If you really want it today, you could also just go to a store and pick it up. Then return the purchase from Apple.

5. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

I stayed home from work yesterday just to be there when they brought my wife's 5th anniversary present, a new iPhone. It was already a day past the due date, and according to tracking it was on the truck as of 7am. So, it's 1pm and I'm obsessively checking out the window every minute.... Then I look at the outside of the door and there's the dreaded "I was here and you weren't" tag dated 15 minutes ago. I was in the room with the front door the whole time.

So my wife got a big fat IOU for her anniversary.

And Fed Ex's answer? It was Fed Ex ground and we can't communicate with the contracted drivers -and they don't come back to the depot until late. Sorry! No pickup! YOU LOSE! BZZZT!!!

I seriously was ready to murder.

6. Ninja Guidan macrumors regular

That's because you're in Cracktown. The crackheads might take it and exchange it for rocks.

Just kidding. UPS does that same garbage too but I think UPS is worse. I had an experience where they tried to deliver something and left one of those stickers on my door saying they would deliver the next day. They have an option where you fill out that form to say leave it at the door for the next delivery right...well apparently the driver didn't know how to read because fool left another notice instead of my package. To shorten this rant...I had to eventually drive to the UPS office to pick it up. So I feel for you. Have a good weekend.

7. crackrock thread starter macrumors member

crackrock

Fed up with Fed ex

I just logged into my Apple.com order and the "Presign shipment" link was there. It definitely wasn't there a couple of days ago, although I do not have a screenshot to prove it.

I just cancelled my order through Apple.com and ordered Leopard through Amazon.com.

Through Amazon.com it was only $109! And as an extra bonus they do ship UPS. :):):)

So I may have to wait a few extra days, but at least I saved some money in the process. I'm boycotting FedEx from this point forward.

8. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

The way I look at it FedEx will get it there on time at more cost and then not deliver it, and UPS will both crush the #$%# out of it and get it there late. Heh, screwed either way.

9. stonedgrace macrumors member

I was just told by the regional fed ex manager that apple changed the pre sign agreement this morning around 10:30 am and told Fed Ex not to honor it.

My driver ignored the notice and put the hanger on the door.
    Thanks Fed Ex and Apple

10. jolaca macrumors newbie

No Leopard

WELL, if you got leopard today after ordering online they you are lucky, cause thousands of us never got it after being promised it today. Apple blamed Fedex and Fedex blamed Apple. But fedex did say that apple held up the deliveries for some reason. I could see from my fedex form that my copy arrived in my town at 8:15am and was "on the truck", but never got it...Then fedex lied and said they tried, but I was on my porch all day and never saw a truck. I will never order from Apple online again. We deserve better than this. If it were just me, I'd be fine, but it was thousands of us. First the iphone price reduction and now this.....SHAME.