FedEx Shipping Query

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iPhone3GCrazed, Jun 13, 2009.

1. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Hi. My MacBook Pro 13" "left FedEx origin facility" late last night (11:21 PM, EDT) and it is already in transit. I will attach a screenshot of the tracking page. It seems that if it's already in transit that the Estimated Date of Delivery seems really wrong.

Now, when I ordered my computer, Tuesday 6/9 @ ~8:45 EDT, it said 1-3 business days for it to ship out. I needed the computer ASAP so I opted for 2-3 day shipping and paid the subsequent $15 charge. If it shipped last night, how on Earth would it take Monday (15th), Tuesday (16th), Wednesday (17th) and Thursday (18th: estimated date of delivery) to get to me when I got 2-3 Business day shipping, should it not be coming Tuesday - Wednesday. Am I confused or do you think it will come earlier than they say. Because if it's en route from China -> Alaska, how could it then take 4 days from Alaska to Connecticut?

P.S. Note: All times on screenshot and mentioned are in EDT.

Attached Files:

2. Vol7ron macrumors 6502

Vol7ron

I noticed the same exact thing with mine...Somehow i don't think that it is going through a 3 days ship. No way it is possible. I am going to call Apple on Monday and find out or see abotu getting a refund for the shipping. I didn't pay 18 extra dollars to have both my ipod and laptop take 5 days for shipping.

3. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

When I ordered my 13" MacBook Pro, I was quoted a delivery date of the 16th as the latest delivery date (with 2-3 day shipping). When FedEx picked up my shipment in China, they gave a delivery date of the 17th. However, it is now waiting on a truck in Atlanta, and it will be delivered on the 15th, so that date is not exactly that accurate.

4. iPhone3GCrazed thread starter macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Good to know... thanks! I'm just finding it very difficult to believe that if it gets on a plane to Alaska tonight (EDT) / Sunday afternoon (China) that it would take 4 days to then get from Alaska to Connecticut... just doesn't make sense.

5. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

For me, FedEx has just about always overestimated their shipping times, except for overnight shipping. You should definitely see it come in sooner, unless it gets held up in customs for some odd reason, which it really shouldn't.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Sometimes it takes times to process... Just like, it's hard to believe that airline companies could lose that much luggage...