Fedex shipping question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by siratherock, Jan 4, 2009.

1. siratherock macrumors newbie

I ordered a refurbished macbook. On apple website, it says it is delivered via Fedex ground. However, I checked my tracking number on Fedex website, I said my service type is Home Delivery-Indirect Signature Required. So which type of shipping is my macbook coming from? Fedex ground? or Home delivery?

This is my first time using Fedex. The estimated delivery is on Tues, but it left KS at 6am yesterday, and I live in Illinois, so I'm pretty sure it arrived last night around my area. Is it possible I go pick it up tomorrow before the estimated date? THank you for your time :)

2. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

You will probably have more luck if you call Fed-Ex directly using their 1-800 number. Members of MR can only speculate whereas Fed-Ex employees can give you a definitive answer :)

Enjoy your new machine.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I Beleive FEDEX Ground is run by FEDEX.
    FEDEX Home gets contracted out to the Home Delivery service.

home delivery is usually a small van delivery service and i know in my area they service Tuesday thru Saturday, No monday service

4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

with my experience with fedex, it is not possible to pick it up until they have attempted a home delivery without success.

5. lenard macrumors 6502

FedEx Home Delivery is the residential division of FedEx ground. Home deliveries only, no businesses. If you want to pick it up yourself, you have to call them and ask them to hold it so you can pick it at their location.

6. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Just let them deliver it, why waste you gas, let them waste theirs.