FedEx Shipping Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thirtytwopaths, Oct 26, 2008.

1. thirtytwopaths macrumors member

So I have my own question and I'm sure others here will have questions of their own regarding FedEx shipping. My MBP shipped out on thursday and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, Monday. The last update I got was friday night saying that it departed from NJ which is ONLY 2 hours from my house. It is now sunday and it still says departed from NJ. What gives with the lack of updates on FedEx's part?

2. nanofrog macrumors G4

This is normal. The system updates don't happen as fast as most of us would like, and FedEx may not even work on Sunday. (Not sure about FedEx, but UPS didn't when I worked there during college).

Likely it will be delivered Monday. :D Check the system say 7 - 8AM Monday morning, and see what info is available. If I had to guess, it would show something like "out for delivery". ;)

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

FedEx is closed on Sunday. No flights, no drivers, etc. If your MBP was "in transit" Friday night then it's most likely sitting in a cage at the local sort facility. Put it this way though: my MBP said it was "in transit" until about 10 minutes AFTER it was actually delivered. In other words FedEx tracking is not real time so don't freak out too much. If they say Monday delivery count on it.

4. kauthor macrumors newbie

5. sturob macrumors regular

Mine was scanned by FedEx this morning (Sunday a.m.).

Regular FedEx (meaning NOT ground) doesn't deliver on Mondays since they deliver on Saturdays.

Is yours coming regular FedEx, or ground?

Stuart

6. thirtytwopaths thread starter macrumors member

umm its coming fedex 2 day service, what category does that fall under? im assuming they deliver on monday's since my delivery day is scheduled for tomorrow?

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

I've received FedEx 1st and 2nd day Air on Mondays. Saturday if I'm willing to pay for it. :p

I even did a quick check of their site, and didn't see anything about excluding Mondays. :confused:
    I don't see why not if that's the scheduled day. :)

8. tonie macrumors 6502

do they require signature? because they just left my friend's notebook outside.

9. nanofrog macrumors G4

I've always had to sign for computers. That's just insane! :eek: