Fedex shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Koreanzerg, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Koreanzerg macrumors newbie

I ordered my 15" MBP 6 days ago, and right away the shipping status said it has arrived in their Lewisberry, PA center. However, since it arrived there 5 days ago the shipping status has not updated to indicate that it has even left the Lewsiberry facility. Should I be worried or is Fedex tracking just glitchy? The expected arrival is still tomorrow.

[​IMG]

2. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Since the expected arrival date is tomorrow, they are in no hurry to deliver your machine. You will get your machine today or tomorrow!

3. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Fedex is the stupid most worthless shipping company I have ever seen. First with Smartpost...15 hours to move 15 miles. I mean it said "Departed" from one location and 15 hours later "Arrival" at a location 15 miles away. Now with my car exhaust, I have told them 5 times "No one will be home to sign for package, I would like to pick it up" and all I get is "No you cant do that" and then they wont give me the phone number for the local Fedex...so they are going to drive to my house even though I told them no one will be here and waste time when I could just drive 5 miles and grab it myself.

4. Simon Templar macrumors member

Simon Templar

Oh c'mon....don't sugar-coat it. Tell us what you really think! :D

Actually, you're wrong. UPS is the most worthless shipper there is. But FedEx IS a close second place.

....sT

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I think, IMHO, that you are both wrong. ;):rolleyes:

USPS is far and away the worst. And they NEVER update website information. At least with FedEx and UPS you know how slow they are, with USPS you have no clue as to what is going on.:confused:

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

UPS In The UK

Are really good.....Fedx? GARBAGE. I am waiting for them to collect a faulty wireless router. They say "Sometime today"

Until it goes back to the company, they won't despatch a replacement :mad:

7. nizmoz macrumors 65816

FedEx is probably one of the best shippers. UPS is far the worst.

8. tjb1 macrumors 68000

I rank em:

1. UPS
    2. FedEx
    3. USPS - They lost a package...with tracking...that was never ever scanned.

9. sumone macrumors regular

Agreed!

10. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

UPS is awful around here. Half the time my boxes arrive and look like someone has been using them like a soccer ball. FedEx is generally much better. As for having to sign from things from FedEx, you used to be able to print out a form, sign it and leave it for the FedEx delivery person, giving them permission to leave your package. Not sure if you still can or not, though.

To the OP, I wouldn't worry about your package sitting in the same place for a few days. It's possible that they haven't updated the tracking info, or that your package really is just waiting there. But it should still get to you on the expected delivery date.

11. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Fedex doesnt seem to understand that no one will be home to sign for my package... Oh and cant have it held because shipper has restrictions, first off f the shipper...I paid for the product AND shipping, second what the hell does it matter if I sign at my house or at the hub? Its still going to ME.

12. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Let's put it this way. UPS has union workers while FedEx does not. FedEx will take care of your packages better period. Friend ships and receives items for his business all the time and they switched to Fedex due to issues of them screwing up a lot of equipment and the costs are cheaper.

13. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Agreed, I like FedEx a lot better than UPS...although I personally haven't had an issue yet with either company.

14. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Fedex tracking can be a little iffy depending on the type of shipping is being used.
    If its an independent contracted courier hired by Fedex then shipping info isn't updated as frequently as a fedex over night package would be.
    I have ordered a ton of things and have had fedex tracking issues but very rarely is that deliver date incorrect.
    UPS tracking is better.
    Keep in mind ground tracking is not updated as frequently as guaranteed delivery packages, 2 day/overnight.