fedex sign off of apple computer delivery

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I have been told apple uses fedex to deliver their laptops, but require a signature, does it matter who signs the delivery? does it have to be the person that ordered the computer? I am a bit nervous about having an apple laptop delivered to my home, there are thieves in my neighborhood, so I was going to have it delivered at my mother's work office downtown, they have a mailing address.

When they bring it to the office, will my mom or someone else present at the time of delivery be able to sign off? or does it have to be me, the one who ordered the computer?

2. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

my dad signed for iMac, so i think as long as you have someone to send it to, it should be ok as long as they sign it.

3. snberk103 macrumors 603

FedEx doesn't care. All they want is a signature of someone at the address that you sent it to so that they can prove it was delivered to the address specified. If you choose to let a felonious thief sign for it..... FedEx doesn't care... someone signed....

4. Cartaphilus macrumors 6502a

The receptionist's signature will be sufficient for FedEx. Give your address like this:

Mr. Sos Sity
    c/o Engulf & Devour, Inc.
    12 Main St.
    Anywhere, ST 55555