Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
I ordered my Air and Smartcase at the same time and it is taking forever for FedEx to get my case to me.

I know shipping was free but if they would have given it to the USPS in the first place it would have been here days ago:mad:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I agree but do not see how it is cheaper for FedEx to drop it off at my local Post Office for delivery. But a few cents is a penny or two saved!:p

Because the most expensive part of delivery is from depot to home or office. It's very inexpensive for shippers to load up at depot A and then drive non-stop to depot B. Dumping at the P.O. for "last mile" delivery saves $s not pennies.

DoubleDose

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Don't fret too much. I ordered my smart cover on release day as they don't have RED at Best Buy where I got my Air. It's been saying delivery on the 13th since it shipped on Saturday but I just entered the Smartpost tracking into the USPS website and it says out for delivery today. So expect it sooner than later I would think.

vegastime

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Virginia
I ordered my Air and Smartcase at the same time and it is taking forever for FedEx to get my case to me.

I know shipping was free but if they would have given it to the USPS in the first place it would have been here days ago:mad:

I know what you mean. My smartcase is showing it will take 11 days to get to me. That is just crazy. That's as bad, or worse than media mail.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
I know what you mean. My smartcase is showing it will take 11 days to get to me. That is just crazy. That's as bad, or worse than media mail.

Mine just arrived. Seems that FedEx slowly gets it to your loocal post office and then the postal people bring it to you.

----------

I am also a Prime member and it is wonderful...but $79/year is not free.;)

I love Prime. I can have almost every toy by the next day for very little in shipping or free for 2nd day shipping. Well worth the Prime yearly fee.

Anyway my case arrived. Looks good but will not know till I put in on my Air.

Tony78228

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
Texas
smartpost is the worst. I remember odering the first kindle fire, and it went by smartpost. I'm in texas, and the package went right by me to new mexico, spent a few days there, then went passed me again, and landed in Houston, then came to me in San Antonio.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Smartpost must be delivered to the post office by fedex then delivered by USPS.

It can add up to 72 hours but usually its one day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.