All iPads FedEx Smartpost - How slow can it go?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lucille Carter, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I ordered my Air and Smartcase at the same time and it is taking forever for FedEx to get my case to me.

I know shipping was free but if they would have given it to the USPS in the first place it would have been here days ago:mad:

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Free shipping = cheapest shipping method.:p

3. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

I agree but do not see how it is cheaper for FedEx to drop it off at my local Post Office for delivery. But a few cents is a penny or two saved!:p

4. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Unless you are an Amazon Prime fellow, in which case premium two-day shipping is always free.

But your delivery boy will curse you for it.

5. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I am also a Prime member and it is wonderful...but $79/year is not free.;)

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Because the most expensive part of delivery is from depot to home or office. It's very inexpensive for shippers to load up at depot A and then drive non-stop to depot B. Dumping at the P.O. for "last mile" delivery saves $s not pennies.

7. DoubleDose macrumors newbie

Don't fret too much. I ordered my smart cover on release day as they don't have RED at Best Buy where I got my Air. It's been saying delivery on the 13th since it shipped on Saturday but I just entered the Smartpost tracking into the USPS website and it says out for delivery today. So expect it sooner than later I would think.

8. vegastime macrumors regular

I know what you mean. My smartcase is showing it will take 11 days to get to me. That is just crazy. That's as bad, or worse than media mail.

9. Lucille Carter thread starter macrumors 65816

Mine just arrived. Seems that FedEx slowly gets it to your loocal post office and then the postal people bring it to you.

----------

I love Prime. I can have almost every toy by the next day for very little in shipping or free for 2nd day shipping. Well worth the Prime yearly fee.

Anyway my case arrived. Looks good but will not know till I put in on my Air.

10. Tony78228 macrumors regular

Tony78228

smartpost is the worst. I remember odering the first kindle fire, and it went by smartpost. I'm in texas, and the package went right by me to new mexico, spent a few days there, then went passed me again, and landed in Houston, then came to me in San Antonio.

11. ZipZap macrumors 601

Smartpost must be delivered to the post office by fedex then delivered by USPS.

It can add up to 72 hours but usually its one day.