Fedex Updating System Is Down - Do Not Panic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LARQ1, Jun 23, 2010.

1. LARQ1 macrumors member

Hello:

If you have a FEDEX Delivery showing for today the 23rd under the FEDEX website and you dont see any UPDATES please DO NOT PANIC :eek:!!!

I'll give you my example:

My package shows that it left DFW today at 2:30 am...I decided to call the local FEDEX distribution here in Miami and asked them to hold the package ... Well they said that the package was in Ft Lauderdale and that the plane came in late at 5:34am.....I decided to then go to the FEDEX distribution center, and when I got there my package was already on the delivery truck to my home --- scheduled to be delivered before 3pm :):):)

FYI : The whole tracking thing is having problems today...when you call the 1-800 go fedex # the info in their area is not updated, only the local FEDEX is

HAPPY IPhoning !!!:D

2. LARQ1 thread starter macrumors member

btw .. I was able to get an Incipio anti-slip case for the IPhone 4 at Radio Shack this morning !!! VERY NICE and only $19.99 which includes surface protector and a cleaning cloth !

3. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i called fedx my iphone is at the fedx facility but the lady told me that if the guys get to it then they will put it on the truck if they don't they will deliver it tomorrow or i can pick it up today at 7. thats not fair:(:mad:

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The Official Band of the iPhone 4 Launch:​

[​IMG]

5. mateen110 macrumors regular

You guys managed to crash fedex servers too :D

6. LARQ1 thread starter macrumors member

FROM THE FEDEX WEBSITE !!!

Printer-Friendly Tracking Update
    Tracking Update for Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Package deliveries are proceeding as normal, however tracking updates are temporarily being delayed. Please try back later.

7. evomo macrumors newbie

It's a virus. Next the servers to activate the iPhone will go. I hope not.

8. amazedchili macrumors newbie

ok cool

Also in miami, was also a little concerned!

No longer stressed out.

9. gts197 macrumors regular

Did anyone have the scheduled delivery date disappear from their tracking information?

10. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

This could be made into a movie......

"A single device, so highly coveted, crashes worldwide websites one by one.........."

11. 360glitch macrumors newbie

I called the ground facility and they said it was an express package however they would not give me the number to the express facility across the street. :confused: Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

12. LARQ1 thread starter macrumors member

try this...more info than FEDEX.com

TRY THIS NOW...more info than FEDEX.com

http://www.simpletracking.com:D

13. Boomer85 macrumors member

14. evomo macrumors newbie

This could be a reality tv show just like the USA world cup game today

15. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Both of my iPhone preorders do not say "out for delivery." One says it is in transit from Memphis, TN, while the other says it has arrived at the "dest sort facility."

However, a call to FEDEX revealed that both phones are in fact out on a truck for delivery right now! I called another rep to confirm the information, and it is accurate.

I had a frustrating morning because I initially called to place both preorders on hold for pickup, and the woman I spoke do did so because her system showed that my packages had not been scanned onto a truck. While processing the hold for my second order, our line was disconnected (thanks ATT?). I called back to check if both holds went through, and they told me my packages had already been sent out on a truck!! Then 30 minutes later I get a call from the woman who was originally placing my holds, and she told me that they had been placed on a truck before I called this morning...

Now I'm going to make a bloody mary and wait for my new toys

16. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Yes mine did. Mine had been saying that I would get it by 1030am today. My status changed changed to an unknown delivery date shortly after 1030.