FedEx/UPS hold on location

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tortri, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Who plans to have their shipping carrier hold their package at the warehouse so you can pick it up early that day? I did this with my iPhone 6 Plus.

2. djuzi macrumors member

I do. It worked out well for my previous iPhone orders. I believe UPS has the option to get it before it goes out for delivery at the hub but FedEx has to attempt delivery before it drops off to to a FedEx store.

So I'm hoping they go out with UPS so I can get it early in the morning.

3. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

weird mines opposite , some of ups delivers cant get hold because of high values but some i can but they wont be able to till next day but fedex i can get it holding before it comes to my house. it will beat the office at 7:30 to 8 am
    and i go grab it at 8 instead of waiting all afternoon

4. Pyro-pinky macrumors member

I didn't even know this was an option!! Thank you thank you!!!!!

5. vc2020 macrumors regular

6. simsdaniel macrumors regular

Info here on UPS' site regarding hold for pickup.
    https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/hold_pickup.html

7. Tortri thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tortri

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1779966

From Andyw715:

just go online
    create a My UPS account
    select the shipment
    fill out the hold package form
    go get it on friday

also sign up for mychoice

it will give you email notifications when a shipment to your address is created. Also can see a nice calendar of when packages are scheduled toarrive

8. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I just have them hold it at a fedex or ups location and then go pick it up when I have a chance. I only do this for items that cost a lot of money.

9. djuzi macrumors member

For UPS, when you're on your order's tracking page, scroll to the bottom and click Contact Us. The next page will show where your package is currently and from there you can go to chat online and request to hold it at the hub. Your tracking status will change to request to hold at hub and then will update when it's ready to pickup which is early morning.

It has to be allowed from the shipper (Apple) but it has been for previous iPhone orders

10. melman101 macrumors 68030

I have to receive a letter in the mail for an activation code. LOL. Oh well, I did it.

11. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

12. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

My plan is to have it held a one of their locations. I have it set up for UPS already and fedex site is so buggy I'll have to wait. I guess once I get the email in June I can act from there

13. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Screw that I'm taking off work and sitting on the porch all day!

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

SAME!
    No actually unfortunately my mom still gets a lot of say in the things I do and she thinks I actually do a lot of stuff at school. lol. However I do think I can convince her to pick me up for a "doctor" appointment as soon as it shows up.

15. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

Doing this as well. I did this for my 6 Plus and it worked well! Picked up at 10AM on launch.

16. simsdaniel macrumors regular

Can someone who did this with the iPhone 6 Plus give us some details on how you did it? Did you call to get your order set up for pick up and I'm assuming you need a ID to pick up the package?

17. applegeek97 macrumors 6502a

applegeek97

I don't really want to do this with mine, I don't want to mess any chance of it being delayed! Also, when delivering, UPS/FedEx use dedicated trucks on preorder delivery day. So, that truck is only carrying Apple deliveries, on preorder delivery day. I know people at UPS

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i didn't do it with an apple production but a monitor I ordered from B&H. I was going out that evening and I knew I wouldn't be home as I'm late in the route and i would miss the delivery, so I called UPS and they held it at the faciitly which lucky for me isn't far away. I picked it up around lunch time.

I'm hoping I can do the same so I can pick it up at 10AM or earlier. :p

19. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

I was having trouble creating a UPS account during launch of the 6 Plus, so I just called the UPS Customer Service number which you can find on their site and asked them to hold it at the customer service center near me.

It's best to look and see where your nearest customer service center is (not a UPS Store, it's a big UPS warehouse where all the trucks from an area come from) before you call so you can make sure it's the right one.

When picking up, you need to show a valid government ID with the same address that you sent your watch to. They usually send you an email when it's ready for pickup but I just went there first thing in the morning and got it.