Fedex & UPS Tracking

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jumpie, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

I'm sure a lot of people are hitting refresh on their browser to see when Fedex has shipped their new iPad. So, just to give everyone another way to track your package, why not track the Fedex flights from Nashville to your nearest city? Here's a link to "guesstimate" your flight. Enjoy!

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/FDX - Fedex
    http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/UPS - UPS

:D

2. Hoggles macrumors regular

Hoggles

Nice...that's cool. Thanks for the link :)

I'm just waiting for mine to leave Los Angeles (Ontario) :)

Of course the tracking info should show when it's left LA.

I would imagine they'll be heading out soon to the respective hubs in each city. Here in Portland, OR...i'ts the Swan Island hub. I would think for a Friday delivery. it's gonna have to start heading to the NW soon.

So friggin excited for Friday :)

3. trinfromtexas macrumors newbie

how can you track it if it's coming from Louisville, KY???

this is pretty cool

ok I think I found my flight :)

4. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Louisville, KY for me too....

I WANT IT NNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!! ;):cool:

5. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

Look for the FedEx flights going from Nashville to Memphis and Indianapolis. Those are the only hubs that have air service out of Nashville for FedEx.

6. trinfromtexas macrumors newbie

I just checked it and it wasn't my flight:( and there's a whole lotta planes going to Louiseville, KY but none coming from there and going to anywhere in Texas:confused:
    Anyone else's ipad stuck in Louiseville still???

7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I'd imagine those trips will happen by truck.

I will add that image is pretty cool with all of the planes converging on one location.

8. rbee macrumors newbie

mine is stuck in Louisville, too and I'm in South Texas :(

9. trinfromtexas macrumors newbie

so am I...about an hour north of Laredo but it'll come out of Corpus

10. RaeRaeE62 macrumors member

my iPad is in kentucky as well and I'm in the bay area, california

its incredible though to see the number of flights ups and fedex have going at one time

so im assuming that tomorrow there should be a ton of flights from kentucky to various parts of the country

i remember for the iphone4 using this website and it was awesome to track my flight, see it land, and then less than an hour later seeing fedex update my tracking info :)

11. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Mines sitting in Nashville, I'm in Alabama. :L

I'm not really understanding this site :(

12. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

Those are the inbound flights. Give them till about 0300 EDT and then they will all be outbound. Type in KSDF in the airport field to better help find flights.

13. MS2083 macrumors regular

The iPads finally left Ontario, CA !!!!woohoo:()

14. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Yup.... Now in Transit as well..

Attached Files:

15. darkfiber, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Finally after getting the notice that it had been "picked up" on March 11th, I now see this morning that it is in transit and now in Indianapolis, IN as of March 15th @ 4:37AM. I am in Columbus, OH. My iPad was in Middletown, PA but now it is in Indianapolis, IN. So basically instead of coming to me from PA (which is the state to the east of Ohio) it went to IN which is the state west of Ohio. Pretty strange route, but I figure FedEx knows what they are doing. Indy is about 3 hours west of me so I guess they flew to Indy and then are going to truck mine back to Columbus, OH.

Attached Files:

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

All the iPads will be released from Nashville by this evening on the way to your local HUB:p

17. jian macrumors regular

So my iPad is at Ontario now, and I live in Vegas, shipping via FeDex, but I don't see any FEDEX flights from ANY of the LA airports to KLAS? what the f...?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

18. MSampson macrumors member

Mine has been sitting in KY since 12:14 am Saturday! Hope it moves east soon!

19. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Relax, you pad will arrive tomorrow

20. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

For those mentioning Louisville, it is the main hub for any of the UPS shipments and if it is going by air, it usually makes a trip thru WorldPort (the name for the sorting facility here) and then back out. So even if you live 10 miles from where your iPad is sitting at a facility, IF it is going by air, it will more than likely come to Louisville, be sorted and then back out to your city or closest airport/Hub. FedEx uses the same process but not sure what city their main hub is.

As far as where your iPad has been sitting for a few days, most big companies contract with 3rd party businesses who handle the storage and shipping for them. So even though your shipping thru UPS of FedEx, your items may have been sitting in the ABC Company Warehouse who received the item in bulk, then received your shipping info from Apple after the order was placed, took your shipping label and added it to your exact model then prepared it to go back out thru UPS or FedEx. A LOT of companies are doing this now as it saves them from seasonal employees during product launches and saves them warehouse space.

21. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

Mine has finally moved from Nashville and has arrived in Indianapolis and In Transit. Can't wait to be here this Friday by 3pm.

One question though. Pre-ordered two iPads (a 16gb white for gf, and 32gb white 4G LTE Verizon for me). Apple has provided me with 2 tracking numbers to track at FedEx. Am I expecting 2 packages then? Why don't they just put both iPads in one box since it will be delivered to a single address?

22. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

After initial delevery to Nashville Tn, mine has been sitting in Mt. Juliet, Tn. since Sat (with future delivery requested), and FINALLY is in transit to my Casa for a Friday Delivery! (who says that Fed Ex dosent "Hold" shipments!).

23. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Mine moved from Nashville to... Memphis, still in Tennessee rofl.

24. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Mine is exactly the same as yours and I'm in Cinci. Seems ineffecient to fly over and past us to bring it back but as long as it's here tomorrow, they can fly it to Alaska for all I care :D

25. unamused macrumors 6502

for some reason I have 2 tracking numbers for 1 order that I placed.

one is a 16gb and the other is a 32. One of the tracking numbers shows its already in oakland (From ontario), and the other still shows as picked up march 9th with no signs of movement..