Fedex woes?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bc008, Feb 11, 2008.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

since thursday the estimated delivery for my macbook was tomorrow.
    it came into a city about 2 hours away at 2 AM. (this is where all the packages that come to my house go through) usually when something arrives there it ships out by 5 am, being out for delivery.

well, it sat there all day today, and is still there now. does the sytem/workers HAVE to follow the expected delivery? i find it odd that i pay $20 dollars for 2 day shipping, and that was 4 business days ago. it seems whenever i get 5 day shipping its here in 2..

whats up with this? its not that im complaining about one day, more of the fact that it seems they HAD to follow the expected delivery

2. tennisplaayer11 macrumors member

That's pretty odd. I usually get my FedEx packages on or before the arrival date. However, I have had this experience once though, unfortunately. I prefer UPS as I see they are a little more reliable. I don't think you can choose on Apple.com if your package is delivered via FedEx or UPS though.

3. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

they usually come UPS, but they have used fedex for my last couple purchases.

it makes me shudder thinking of a 1,500 dollar laptop sitting somewhere all night lol, although nobody knows whats in it

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

That is one of the things I dislike about FedEx. If you paid for two-day, it takes two days, even if it could be delivered early. UPS and DHL deliver it as soon as possible, regardless of what you paid for.

TEG

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Any number of things could have happened. The belt I used to work on would only get Express packages if it was a major company, anything else goes through FedEx Express or FedEx Home. Seeing as I don't work there anymore I can safely say that your package is safe and sound, seeing as your not a business using FedEx Ground.

At Ground, packages could be sitting on the belt or under it for a whole day and probably overnight (because of an address lookup, or the load was heavy, or it was simply forgotten). But at Express, packages are handled more carefully and they are scanned very religiously (easier to scan a few packages in a hurry than a million in a quickie). All the Express areas (even Ground) are locked off and only Employees are allowed in, and in order to get in and out, there is only one entrance/exit, with a scanning, metal detector, and a pat down. Your Mac ain't going nowhere!

Don't worry too much, think of it as one more day to think about what your going to do with it, better start making space to put it, and get out those scissors to open it with, make sure you take pics too!

6. elmo151 Guest

they promise delivery on or before promise date. what's the issue? :D