Fedex won't ship replacement phone a day earlier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarestud940, Sep 29, 2014.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, I recently had to get a replacement iPhone 6+. It says scheduled for delivery is tomorrow by 8 pm. However, it is at my local Fedex hub (the next town over) since early this morning. I called, and they said that they have specific instructions on not to ship it before tomorrow? Is this seriously right? I can't just go pick it up?

2. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

With Fedex and UPS you can not pick up at the local facility unless the shipper request hold for pick up or until a delivery attempt has been made first.

3. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Don't you mean deliver it ? It's just a phone can't you wait another day ?

4. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks

5. darkonex macrumors member

I've been able to go just pick up my package with no prior notice at Fedex before, so not sure what the dude above me said is always true.

6. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

It is policy, if you picked it up you either called, or went online after they tried to deliver it, or the sender requested a hold for pick-up. The only other way you would have picked it up is if the person working there messed up. The packages come in and go right to the truck for shipping. They don't go in some waiting for pick up area before they go to the truck for delivery unless requested by the sender.

UPS has a "my choice" program where you and request it to be held prior to a delivery attempt, but you have to be enrolled online already.

7. bozzykid macrumors 68020

That is strange. I pick up Fedex and UPS packages from the local facility every single week. I just go online and request it be held for delivery. No delivery attempts are ever made and the sender doesn't request a hold either.

8. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I just stated that if you are enrolled in UPS "my choice" you can request for hold. If you are not you have to wait for a delivery attempt. It must be true for Fedex as well. If you are a regular person with no account that is the policy.

It is too late for the OP, if he doesn't already have an account he will have to wait for a delivery attempt.

9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

if you could pick it up it wouldn't be until the date that it's supposed to be delivered...they don't release them early.

10. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I've called Fedex over the phone before having an account and they would hold it. And account is not necessary. Since it requires a photo id, there is no security issue.

11. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Won't happen, they will tell him a delivery attempt has to be made first.

12. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Not in my experience.