Fedora Help - I didn't know where else to post.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dreamchrisdream, May 16, 2008.

1. dreamchrisdream macrumors newbie

I want to install Fedora on a second partition on my mac. I was even thinking of doing it on an external hard drive. Well I have the .ISO file for the complete distribution. Problem is, I don't have DVD's. So I wanted to restore the file on to a small partition on my hard drive and use that as the installer. Well when I try to restore it, it says it cannot verify the source - error 254. I even tried converting the file to .dmg thinking that, that may help. Anyone have any ideas or help?

2. chscag macrumors 68000

You've got a bad ISO. Download it again from another source. Large files can easily become corrupt when downloading from slow connections, busy servers, etc. After you download it, dig up some DVDs and burn the ISO. What you're trying to do is going to lead to more problems.

For info and questions regarding Fedora go here:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/

Regards.

3. dreamchrisdream thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i just downloaded it directly from Fedora and it still does the same thing. I don't have any dvd's that's why I want to restore it on to a separate partition to use as the installer.