FEEDBACK Needed: BERSA BP9CC 9MM

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, May 9, 2013.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

Hey there, anyone here run a Bersa BP9 Concealed Carry in 9mm? If so, does the lack of a physical safety bother you? I'm trying to find something to replace a Glock 19 that died.

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Bothers the hell out of me.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So what? Do you actually carry the gun that the OP is asking about?

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Irrelevant to the fact that I'm allowed to post my thoughts. Or did I miss something?

5. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

guys, i appreciate the feedback, but let's not turn this in to a political pissing contest, yeah?

6. SMDBill macrumors 6502

I do not own one, but I do own semi-automatics without safety and I purchased specifically for home protection for that reason. In the dark or under duress, a safety is not something I want to have to think about and with ammo in such short supply, constant practice is impossible to stay fluently skilled with the weapon. I'm ex-military, but I also know we act differently under duress than we do under normal circumstances and any delay to protecting ourselves is a risk we each have to decide to deal with or avoid.

Another consideration is anyone getting their hands on it while off your person. Laying a weapon down even for a very short period of time can lead to injury of someone else in the wrong hands. That safety may provide enough time to prevent an accidental discharge by an unskilled or unauthorized person in some close proximity circumstances.

For concealed carry I want a safety. Yes, a long trigger pull is supposed to replace the safety, much like on a revolver, but a concealed weapon can snag on clothing or you could just catch a fingertip somehow in a pocket and cause an accidental discharge. I won't concealed carry in a pocket without a safety, but others are happy to do so. My luck just isn't that good that I think I could avoid an accidental discharge at all times. I'd be that guy who shot himself trying to get change out of a pocket! haha But seriously, if you shoulder-holster carry, no problem without a safety. Perhaps even in a waistband. But in a pocket, no way. The safety in that scenario is a must have.

Others will disagree and we each have to look at ourselves, our families, our surroundings and our capabilities to decide. There's no wrong answer and the right answer only you can truly find.

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Nothing I've said is political, and I have no plans to turn it into that. I stay out of PRSI for a reason.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of anyone carrying a gun without a physical safety. If for some reason i were to carry one, that would be something i would want.

Doesn't sound political to me and is directly relevant.

Cheers!

8. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

oh thanks for clarifying, i was just trying to keep this from turning in to a potential argument, seems like i over worried

----------

I don't intend to CC the weapon regularly or at all, I mostly need something cheap and smaller to practice shooting targets to replace my G19.