Feedback on the 500GB Time Capsule MB276LL/A (1st version)?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Gadgetman99, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Gadgetman99 macrumors regular

I am thinking of getting one off ebay. They are pretty impressive for the price (wifi N speed, 500GB HD, 4 port network hub with USB port to share a printer or another HD, and shared network storage, for $150 with free shipping). After using time machine and easily backing up, and restoring settings to a new MBA (yes I had a rev A for 2 days and quickly ran out and bought a rev B at Best Buy on clearance). Amazing how well Apple has all this work, I look forward to wireless automatic backups. So, any feedback on these units?

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Great items. I just picked up two at my local BestBuy ($149 each), and I love them. Pretty speedy internet improvement over a G router, syncing via network is slow as hell, but that's why I'll be setting it for 3 A.M once a week.

Really easy setup too.

3. Thorbjorn macrumors regular

I've had mine for about a year and a half and love it. I usually set it to do manual backups--unless I'm really churning out work-related stuff I can't afford to lose, in which case I set it to automatic for as long as necessary.

4. Vster macrumors 6502

I love mine as well. I had a few issues with it not doing a Time Machine backup, so I manually backup and its great!

5. Gov98 macrumors newbie

What Best Buy? Ours was selling at $249 but that's WAY overpriced...Maybe if I had them call I could get a price match.