feedback req: mimic - sync facebook photos

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Imbalance, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Imbalance macrumors member

Imbalance

[​IMG]
    I'd like to introduce my first app, [APP]mimic[/APP]. It lets you sync your friends' profile photos on facebook with your iPhone's address book contacts. Then when your friends call you, their current facebook photo will appear on the calling screen. It is a straightforward app that does what it says on the tin.

I've tried to make the interface appealing and easy to use, hopefully people will appreciate this. Here is a screen shot of the first page:

[​IMG]

To see it on the app store, take a look here: [APP]mimic[/APP].

I'm looking for comments or suggestions - do you like it? would you use it? what is missing?

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

First of all, the app absolutely does what it says it does... no question.

However, there are no safeties or confirmations along the way. Once you connect it to your FB account, it's off and running. It overwrites anything it can get a hold of. So, like the description says, if you want to keep your contact pics TOTALLY synced with FB, this is the app for you.

I was happy with some of my contact pics and I had to re-set and fix some things afterward. This doesn't make the app bad, just letting you know what it does and how fast it does it. It would be nice to know or choose which ones it's going to sync. There were plenty of contacts I didn't have pics for and it would have been nice to poach them from FB but others I didn't want overwritten.

Also, when the pics come in, they're stretched vertically. If you go into the address book and tap edit picture, then simply save, the pic is fine after that. No scaling required.